//// Model-a ////, Tomkat (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
//// Model-a ////, Tomkat (2D)

Title: //// Model-a ////
Name: Tomkat
Software: Painter 8, Brain.

My first post here. Gotta make at least one hundred characters, so... I start with a girl. I saw this girl in a cyborg factory, kinda cold place. I used the bee theme for her clothes (suggesting a hive principle) and she has a tattoo on her shoulder to indicate which model she is. I leave the rest to your imagination.

>> Hi resolution image <<

Old 09 September 2004   #2
love the color pallet you used, I also liked how you kept the line art in the final composition. Makes it look like a very well rendered page out of a comic book.

Old 09 September 2004   #3
i like to orange on her face (makeup?) also like the use of tape on the wire. also like the angel of backgound.

Old 09 September 2004   #4
More....more...

Hey,

I love your style, reminds me alot of Katsuya Terada (character designer, Blood: The Last Vampire). The visual comic style is awesome, and the color tones you've chosen work great and really set up the mood. Can't wait to see more of your stuff!

Old 09 September 2004   #5
Shadow Slayer> I must say thank you very much Mister! You totally understood the fact that I like to keep the line art, nice catch! not everybody notices it. You're twice right, as this is kind of a warmup for comic pages I make.

NileshXYZ> I'm glad you appreciate the orange makeup, not everybody does here (I mean in France, lol, maybe it's too weird for some people). That's part of the weird things I like to make. I just didn't get the angel you're talking about? sorry, sorry!

joelfurtado> hey Mister! Thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it! You're right, Terada has been one of my influences (as many other japanese artists) since a long time ago now , years ago, even before some books about him were available: I fell in love with his work on video games on Sega Saturn (such as Sol divide), same thing happened with Tsukasa Jun (Sengoku blade), Range Murata (Wachenröder, Goketsuji ichizoku) and Tatsuyuki Tanaka (Linda 3). I'll post a new pic soon, I promise.

Old 09 September 2004   #6
Hello, Very sympathetic this illustration, simple my effective and a
good harmony of colors good road

Old 09 September 2004   #7
i was saying angel as in how the wall is not even going left and right its got a bit a of angel to it (talking about how it looks like we are looking at it with a tilted head)

make up adds to her outfit, some what of a mask to hide her from whatever, like army people put green and black on

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread