Fallen Ikarus, Arden_rey (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Fallen Ikarus, Arden_rey (2D)

Title: Fallen Ikarus
Name: Arden_rey
Software: Photoshop

This is my non-winning Machineflesh entry.
I repainted it a little.
And now I would like to hear some critics
from you.

08 August 2004
Wow I really like it. I love as much the concept and the technic... really great piece of artwork..

Last edited by cbernadet : 08 August 2004 at 07:33 PM.

08 August 2004
I like it

Did he it a plane?

as it was for machine flesh, my perception of the character is that he have his wings fixed over his human body, not growing with him or part of him, as it was the case with the other submissions I saw.. The angle is suggesting that as well.

I think the mood is good, I wonder about the meaning of the golden feather though...what is your idea for it?

08 August 2004
Hey this is some wicked art, I really like the emotion you communicate to the viewer. As a composition nice work, but my eye either gets trapt inside the wing span or gets blocked out into the background (i think it might jest be me). I hope to see more of your work

08 August 2004
Walx
I think the mood is good, I wonder about the meaning of the golden feather though...what is your idea for it?[/QUOTE]

Here the main idea:
Humanity was inspired by the technical progress and thought, they
reached divine heights. They didn't understand, how it led to their destruction of the bases of existence. They fell down. The feather of an angel, Ikarus is looking at shows another way to the heavens, much easier and supreme.

Last edited by ardenrey : 08 August 2004 at 08:36 PM.

08 August 2004
I really like the dramatic lighting focusing on Icarus. Very nice color work.
An excellent work. You had to be on the frontpage.

08 August 2004
Klasnay rabotka. i prijatno uvidet pod tvoim nickom slovo UKRAINE. privet so Lvova!

08 August 2004
Top stuff I really like the metal texture of the wings and just the over all mood. How did you do all the cool metal for the wings?

08 August 2004
Originally Posted by Pau1: Klasnay rabotka. i prijatno uvidet pod tvoim nickom slovo UKRAINE. privet so Lvova!

Spasibo! Privet iz Kieva!

08 August 2004
jeebus that's fine, I really like the exagerated depth

toe2toe

my 3d prints

08 August 2004
DUDE THIS IS AWESOME !!!

love the style.

ReSpEcT !!!

08 August 2004
This one got my vote in the machineflesh contest. I love it!

08 August 2004
having never seen this before, here's my take:
at first I thought he was scaling a wall (and those were arms not wings), then I looked again and it looked like he was sleeping, then I looked again and was wondering if he was dieing.. still not entirely sure what's going on.
I know what sorta look you were going for perspective wise, it's just off a little. The wing on the left side becomes the focal point (which is not the strength of the piece) and does not necessary make you look at him. I think bringing one of the wings even closer and a little off the page, with some added DOF would do it more justice.
the golden feather kinda seems like an after thought too. It doesn't really 'pop' all the much either.

That would be my take atleast. I'm not saying it's bad, just that you wanted critique and there it is.

09 September 2004
very fine work

09 September 2004
very nice grat u for the frontpage plug.
i remember i download your progress files in cg networks, but before i lost my every single CG stuff :(

good luck bro

Thread Closed share thread