PRISMS Screenshots

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Question PRISMS Screenshots

Hello everybody!

I am searching for Screenshots of PRISMS nodebased expression editor. I need this for a written report i am doing for my studies. The report is about a visaul node based environment for VR. During my investigations i learned that Houdinis ancestor was the first to use this paradigma in graphics. That's why i would like to include screenshots.
I found some at http://www.odforce.net/gallery/ , but those include nodes for materials (LAVA), modelling (SAGE) and compositing (ICE), but since my work is concentrated on expressions, i could use info and screenshots about node based Expressions for Animation in PRISMS (i guess, there is a special modul for this purpose?). I guess there are not many installations of this tool out there today, but maybe....

Thanks for every help
Chris (a c4d guy ;-))

Old 08 August 2004   #2
I think you'd have much better luck posting on odforce or the houdini mailing list instead.

Old 08 August 2004   #3
Lightbulb

OK, i'll try that. Thank you for the advise.

CU

Old 09 September 2004   #4
Originally Posted by christianS: Hello everybody!

I am searching for Screenshots of PRISMS nodebased expression editor. I need this for a written report i am doing for my studies. The report is about a visaul node based environment for VR. During my investigations i learned that Houdinis ancestor was the first to use this paradigma in graphics. That's why i would like to include screenshots.
I found some at http://www.odforce.net/gallery/ , but those include nodes for materials (LAVA), modelling (SAGE) and compositing (ICE), but since my work is concentrated on expressions, i could use info and screenshots about node based Expressions for Animation in PRISMS (i guess, there is a special modul for this purpose?). I guess there are not many installations of this tool out there today, but maybe....

Thanks for every help
Chris (a c4d guy ;-))

Contact David Sieg, IIRC he was the original developer of PRISMS that was later bought by Side Effects. ( I might be wrong, but I'm 90% positive. this was a LONG time go so I might be confusing facts)
I'm sure he would be glad to help you with info about it for your investigation.

you can find his contact info in this article
http://www.siggraph.org/publication...tions/sieg.html

Old 11 November 2004   #5
<DOUBLE POST; DELETE THIS PLEASE>

Last edited by MG : 02 February 2005 at 10:14 AM.

Old 11 November 2004   #6
It's a shame they never ported PRISMS for x86 Linux or Windows platform. I remember contacting SESI about PRISMS, quite some time ago already.

Despite that fact that most, if not all, functionality of PRISMS was ported to Houdini, there are still a lot of interesting features in PRISMS which I still hear people refer to.

For fun! I once made a "PRISMS look" for Houdini, it's hosted at od[force].

(Click the image to download)

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread