|08 August 2004||#1|
Washington DC, USA
CgTalk Daily Sketch 74: "The Way of the Samurai"
"The way of the Samurai"
Posted Aug 11 6:30 EST
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* 640 x 480 / 480 x 640 OR 800 x 600 /600 x 800
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
|08 August 2004||#4|
Las Vegas, USA
Pen & Paper / Photoshop CS / Wacom / 1hr - 1.5hrs
The Way of the Samurai
SalamanderCoral: Awesome. Love your samurai.
Cyanid: Great Picture, I like the way it flows.
Last edited by MustardWash : 08 August 2004 at 10:21 PM.
|08 August 2004||#5|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Not really sure what kind of weapon that is...I kind of had this like stick thing and then I used a distortion tool and made it look really sharp. Anyways, Here's mine.
1 hour/painter and a bit of photoshop
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I used a pic of Jet Li from "HERO" as a reference pic.
Last edited by majofo : 08 August 2004 at 01:25 AM.
|08 August 2004||#7|
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Join Date: Jan 2004
SalamanderCoral: I like this style
MustardWash & Cyanid: nice sense of movement
majofo: weird weapon indeed
Here's mine, 2h15, photoshop.
Spent too much time on lineart, shouldn't have done it.. bad habit..
|08 August 2004||#8|
Concept / Production design Artist / Freelance Illustrator
Join Date: May 2003
2 hours pencil & paper, 0.5 hour PShop.
Maybe I should've used some refs. , 'cos I struggled with the poses.
Still not happy, but I've to go to bed...
Oh yeah, sorry for size, samurai's must hold some distance when they duel
|08 August 2004||#13|
Sketcher Without Timeportfolio
Bart van Walderveen
Join Date: Mar 2004
Shoque, Awesome work! I love the dress(?) of the warrior on the second image.
Art2, Beautiful, and the poses are fine. Nice.
Drumwhore, coool I like the style much.
Mustardwash, Great samurai on the foreground really great. Maybe you should remove the blood on the background.
all others: nice work keep it up
daily sketch really makes you better!
|08 August 2004||#14|
...still trying 3D
Join Date: Mar 2003
the way of the samurai
wow!! great work guys...
salamander: i like your sketch man... its awesome!!..
drumwhore: super neat!!
shoque: i like the dojo feel.... great sketches...i envy your lighting...
i thought of giving up... but my spirit won't let me...
Last edited by TheUnkind : 08 August 2004 at 11:02 AM.
|Thread Closed share thread|