|08 August 2004||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2001
Animation Session 9 - Olympics Accidents - August 16 > September15
We are back with another session and this one will be fun
Also as you might have realized we now have a Animation Session subforum under the animation forum. now you can create your own threads and post your animation there.
This sessions theme is: Olympics Accidents (Summer and Winter olympics)
- Have your character have a funny or realistic sports injury in one of the sports being played at the olympics right now. feel free to go crazy with the idea and do something creative.
- No Sound
- No Dynamics
- Location modelling should be kept to a bare minimum and be simple. As long as we recognize what sport it is , it is fine.
- Animations can be between 10 - 30 seconds.
- You can use pre-rigged characters
- Camera cuts are allowed
- No need for lighting/rendering. Playblasts are acceptable , the focus of this session is animation so do NOT hide the character by making a dark scene.
- This session starts August 16th and goes until September 15
- Please create a thread with your name and the animation session # and the sport name for entry. Ie: John Smith - Animation Session 9 - Swimming
- Animation done prior to this session is NOT acceptable. please create new animation for this session.
- WIP and Final animations should be 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 , using quicktime with sorenson 3 codec. Try not to use DIV-x since there is no way to scrub the animation and it makes giving critiques that much harder.
- You can post any questions you have about the session in this thread .
best of luck to everyone and looking forward to the animations.
www.athens2004.com to pick a sport you want to animate.
By the way , YOU CAN CHOOSE THE SAME SPORT SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING so dont feel like "aw shit pole vault is already taken" go ahead and do your own take on it.
Last edited by SheepFactory : 08 August 2004 at 03:12 AM.
|08 August 2004||#2|
Stealthy Tea Monkeyportfolio
Join Date: Jun 2002
I actually laughed out loud when I saw the title of this one. Spectacular idea, and so festive!
|08 August 2004||#9|
about done high school
Join Date: Dec 2003
ya man what a boss idea. you bet after a nice night of sleep... which my sunburns arnt helpin, ill be roarin ahead on makin a character and a bike... GO cycling!
Birth, life, death
the only true universal cycle
|08 August 2004||#10|
Join Date: Dec 2001
Originally Posted by neo_mosher_zion: ya man what a boss idea. you bet after a nice night of sleep... which my sunburns arnt helpin, ill be roarin ahead on makin a character and a bike... GO cycling!
dont do any complex modelling , parented boxes are fine.
i am saying this cause there is just 2 weeks for this session and a large portion of it should be spent on animation.
looking forward to your entry!
|08 August 2004||#11|
3D character modeling, animation and rigging/comic book penciller
This should be fun!
I wish I had some time tho.... what the hell! I'll give it a try...
the worst that can happen is that I dont finish...
Best of luck to everyone!
|Thread Closed share thread|