|08 August 2002||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2001
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones on DVD/VHS
On November 12, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will begin the North American release of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones on DVD and VHS home video.
The first major motion picture captured and created directly from the digital source and digitally mastered by THX, the Episode II DVD allows fans the chance to relive the adventure in the way Writer/Director George Lucas meant it to be seen, with spectacular digital clarity.
Here's what the two-disc DVD set - available in both Anamorphic Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1) and Fullscreen editions - will feature:
* Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)
* Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.
* Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt
* "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more
* "State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II
* Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"
* Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story
* All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com
* The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams
* Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots
* Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos
* An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic
* HoloNet News website
* DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones Special Edition VHS includes six deleted scenes and a "Star Wars Connections" featurette hosted by R2-D2 and C-3PO, who explain the Star Wars story to new fans of the series.
|08 August 2002||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2002
Well the movie was ok.... I did not find it to be the greatest movie ever like some other people I know think. I can hardly remember a lot of the movie since I saw it. Anyways good to see it on DVD tho.
|08 August 2002||#6|
Make way for the bad guy.
Join Date: Jan 2002
i personally think the timing has more to do with the theatrical release of LOTR: The Two Towers as well as the release of the four disk dvd set of LOTR: The Fellowship Of The Rings
|08 August 2002||#8|
rigging, animating and teaching
Join Date: Aug 2002
Great, that's quick,
and here's the story-line of the third episode,
off course there's Anakin and lot's of Jedi's and robots etc...
1. a ship explodes
2. there's a fantastic 'water-city'
3. an arena, animals or pods or something else
4. a big battle (in II it was more than great)
5. a sword-laser fight
6. lots of troops marching
I really hope Lucas will change a bit his scripts, giving us a big story with actors and not just hints and links for the next episode packed with bloody great images,
The order of imagination is not that of memory.
|08 August 2002||#9|
on ep1 dvd: they worked 1.5 years on this project,
for the epII dvd they began in 2001 with the production. 20th century made pressure on lucas to start with the production earlier as by ep1. thanks to 20th fox!
|08 August 2002||#10|
I always like when DVDs "feature" a web link, how great, on November 12 we can all finally find our way to http://www.starwars.com.
Ops, now I have released a part of the content form the EPII DVD and will do doubt be sued.
|08 August 2002||#15|
Armed with intelligence.portfolio
Join Date: Feb 2002
What really sucks is that a year after EP 3 comes out, there'll probably be an 'Ultimate-definitive-director's-super-dooper-spiffy-platinum-with-three-minutes-of-never-before-seen-footage' collector box set containing all 6 chapters...
By then, I'll probably own all three as singles cause I just can't wait.
I'm thinking of just giving Lucas my bank account number. He seems to have full access anyways....
"Impossible is nothing."
|Thread Closed share thread|