moving pivot

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2004
moving pivot

Basic question here.
I have a model I brought into xsi just as an excercise.It is half a human. It is slightly offset off x-axis, so that when mirrored there is a little gap between both halves. I could easily fix this and reimport it, but I want to learn how to do it in xsi.

Basically, I want to offset the pivot, which is now at 0,0 to x=-.1997 (even though the object is offset) , where when mirroered, it will create the other half so there is no gap.

I tried moving the pivot, it snaps to a point I want, which is clearly off center, but the transform values still indicate 0,0,0. (I would expect it to show the value of the point I moved it to , so I could enter that offset and be sure the object was centered.

OK, so I looked at the value of the ppoint I moved the pivot to ( in this case .1997 in the x-axis) entered that and then did a freeze all transforms, but I think theres got to be an easier/ better way?

thanks Zoogie

07 July 2004
hit the select>center and then enter the value you want numerically. then hit object and voila. done like dinner

Homepage

07 July 2004
thanks ASW,
I didnt find the select>center, I may have misunderstood the steps.
but I found another way. Select the pts, transform>move center to vertices, and then pivot becomes fixed.
Thanks again

07 July 2004
yo

center my man

Homepage

07 July 2004
it's way too hidden, Softimage should make it flash in bright green and yellow every 2 seconds I believe!

07 July 2004
hAha

too rights, theres no were near enough flashing lights

Homepage

08 August 2004
thanks ASW,
I missed it , I was looking under the dropdown menu. Still getting used to the interface

08 August 2004
no prob my man

Homepage

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread