Game Art Comp 9: Tiger - Samurai Tiger

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2004
Game Art Comp 9: Tiger - Samurai Tiger

A huge update here... I've given him a curve on his body, he now has a stomach... he has some muscle defintion on his arms... He looks kind of short, because I am using the Tiger's porportions... So his legs will be as short as his arms... Hope you like it....

Last edited by proudclod : 08 August 2004 at 10:26 PM.

08 August 2004
Phew! Sorry for not updating you guys! Well, here's the model after about 3 hours worth of work!

and wire:

This is all 896 tri's.... Which leaves just enough for the body, helmet, armor, and weapon

08 August 2004
Looking good so far, do you have a concept sketch of it? I'd like to see where you will take the tiger.

08 August 2004
I'm really in need of some critiques! Well, Update

I'll be starting on the armor now... Give him some clothes, and a helmet to protect the head... I'll keep you updated... Once again.. Crits please!

08 August 2004
It's coming along fine. You might wanna round out the neck more, it seems a bit blocky. The inside of the mouth and his nose are very detailed poly-wise. You'll run out of polies if you want to have an even poly distribution over the whole body.
His shoulders and torso need more shape, you might wanna let the edges follow the contours of the muscles that are supposed to be underneath.
The ears could also be slightly more pointy.

But then again, its hard to judge without a concept. Did you make one? I'd like to see it as I said before. You have to submit an concept sketch in the submision thread anyhow, even if its not that good.

It's hard to critique something when we dont know what the end result is supposed to be. Keep us posted!

08 August 2004
Work on the shape of the head a bit, it doesnŽt look like a tiger more like a polar bear.

08 August 2004
Originally Posted by Supervlieg: It's coming along fine. You might wanna round out the neck more, it seems a bit blocky. The inside of the mouth and his nose are very detailed poly-wise. You'll run out of polies if you want to have an even poly distribution over the whole body.
His shoulders and torso need more shape, you might wanna let the edges follow the contours of the muscles that are supposed to be underneath.
The ears could also be slightly more pointy.

But then again, its hard to judge without a concept. Did you make one? I'd like to see it as I said before. You have to submit an concept sketch in the submision thread anyhow, even if its not that good.

It's hard to critique something when we dont know what the end result is supposed to be. Keep us posted!

Thanks supervlieg! Very helpful! I'll get it on right away.... Oh and... Vamp... My tiger is a white tiger... I really don't see where your coming from (I compared it with a polar bear) Oh well

08 August 2004
Just cause someone did this to me already:

We Want Concept Art!
We Want Concept Art!
We Want Concept Art!

I think it'll help us visualize where this one is going. Will it have paws or hands? What will his costume look like? etc...

08 August 2004
Okay, i'll get a concept up soon... But just so you know, It has paws, it uses some of the oldest Japanese samurai armor... Anyways, I'll post it up soon

08 August 2004
Update, armor in the works

1756 tris

08 August 2004
Update: Updated the look of the armor, fixed the arms, wrists, neck, head... After touching up the body armor a little bit, I'll model him hands, and then the rest of his body

1900 tris

08 August 2004
Looks fine, now finish the body so we can give some good c&c!

Its not bad at all at the moment. But we need a body, and a concept ofcourse.

08 August 2004
A huge update here... I've given him a curve on his body, he now has a stomach... he has some muscle defintion on his arms... He looks kind of short, because I am using the Tiger's porportions... So his legs will be as short as his arms... Hope you like it....

08 August 2004
if your going for tiger proportions u should make it more skinny, cat, even the big cats are really very thin from shoulder to shoulder an hip to hip. nice job so far dude

Thread Closed share thread