Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-13-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
Paul-Angelo
Frequenter

Paul-Angelo
Graphic Designer
USA

Tugger: The Jeep® 4x4 Who Wanted to Fly

I was emailed this link today. There is a trailer at the tuggerjeep website.

http://www.tuggerjeep.com/

The Jeep® Brand and Genesis Orlando Inc. Announce New Animated Film – “Tugger: The Jeep® 4x4 Who Wanted to Fly”

ORLANDO, Florida – May 12, 2004 – Jeep® Brand and Genesis Orlando, a digital animation production company, have entered into a licensing and marketing agreement to launch the animated film property “Tugger: The Jeep® 4x4 Who Wanted to Fly.”

The original Genesis Orlando story centers on an animated character modeled after a Jeep vehicle who dreams of one day flying like an airplane. The film is being released in connection with the official launch of the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and will release around the time vehicles will be available in dealerships, Fall 2004.

“Tugger is a great asset to help launch the all-new 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee,” said Jeff Bell, Vice president Jeep and Chrysler Marketing. “The animated character upholds the Jeep brand’s reputation for innovation and the go-anywhere do-anything spirit of the Jeep brand.”

Principle marketing will be directed through BBDO Detroit, the advertising agency of record for Chrysler Group. Key licensing will be handled through the Joester/Loria licensing group in New York City.

Another marketing partner to join the “Tugger” property is the Stewart & Stevenson Company “TUG Tractor” of Marietta Georgia. As part of Genesis Orlando’s marketing roll out of “Tugger,” Genesis has co-developed with “TUG Tractors” a new spin-off series named “Timmy the Tiny Tug.”

Additionally, Genesis has signed a Production, licensing and marketing partnership with Maxine Clark’s “Build-A-Bear Workshop” of St. Louis. Genesis Orlando is producing the first “Build-A-Bear” Computer-Generated Animated film based on the famous Build-A-Bear characters. The film is set for release in late 2005.

Other Genesis Orlando projects include “GeeBee the Racer,” for Kermit Weeks and his “Fantasy of Flight” theme park in Orlando, Florida, “Futureball,” a Science Fiction Action film based on a revolutionary new sport concept, and “The Adventures of Toby Digz” a children’s adventure series based on the David Hernandez comic novels published by Tommy Nelson Publishing.

A three-year-old CG animation house, Genesis Orlando is a boutique production company that maintains a staff of 25 highly experienced storyboard artists, writers, modelers, animators and technicians. Founded by an ex-Disney Supervising Animator with 27 years in the feature animation industry, Genesis has successfully made the jump from outsource animation facility to original content producer.

“Our corporate and creative mission is to develop and build strong entertainment properties along side mutually beneficial marketing partnerships,” says Alan Guimond, Genesis Orlando’s COO. “We’re extremely excited about our partnership with both the Jeep® brand and ‘Build-A-Bear.’ We are following in the footsteps of companies like PIXAR by building on our Disney heritage of story telling while securing our independence through self-funding.”

“Though Genesis Orlando’s key staff is primarily Disney trained, we are beginning to staff bright young talent from areas as diverse as Full Sail in Orlando, Ringling School of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida and Savannah College of Art and Design In Georgia,” said Guimond.

Mr. Guimond continued, “Our key focus will always be Story and Character. Although we are extremely proud of our technological abilities, we know in our hearts that true success and value will be won through our ability to connect emotionally with our audiences.”

Old 07-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #2
thecrow
Frequenter

portfolio
Derek Stevens
FREELANCE

Send a message via MSN to thecrow
Hats off

My hat is off to the guys and gals that are working hard. They have a small team and are doing a GREAT JOB!.
I know may more good things are to come from that lot.

Derek

Old 07-14-2004, 08:03 AM   #3
the_zed_axis
3d-o-holic
leo king
3d artist
New Zealand

looks good to me

Old 10-13-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
Bonez21

This is an awesome studio that doesnt pay their staff for 6 weeks straight. Then after not paying, they fire you. Hats off!

Old 10-13-2004, 10:28 PM   #5
thecrow
Frequenter

portfolio
Derek Stevens
FREELANCE

Red face I talked to some of the staff

I was very close to getting a job there, I was even told.. (you have a job..just do this model for us, if we like it you have the job)
Because of taking a chance of going there.. I lost my job at the Ren Center teaching 3d, and left a HUGE mess behind me as well as lost some Great friends.
I was strug along for along time over a month talking on the phone just enough info to keep my hopes up..
I feel for you. I wish I could take it all back!! I wish you and the rest of the artist there good luck.

Crow

Old 01-09-2005, 07:53 AM   #6
luispages
Banned

portfolio
Luis Pages
CEO
VFX Learning
France

Hello again ppl.... trying to bring this case back to the table.....

I used to be the Effects Animator for Genesis Orlando during the production of tugger, yes we were a great team, we worked with the worst equipment, in a townhouse, with tons of limitations including the one that made us stronger as a group, the fact that we were working for company that didnt have the minimum amount of respect for the ppl making the film.

Now 90% of us have jobs in the industry and we still keep in touch, but there's something else I want to say just be careful with this company as I believe they may be looking for some help to finish this "movie", they owe us a considerable amount of money that is beeing almost impossible for us to get....

And that brings a few questions that I'd like to make here in front of everybody...

How is Genesis Orlando going to explain to their new victims the fact that you have a movie 90% completed and no production team..... why we are not there.... what happend to us.....

When are you gonna tell the truth once for all and tell us what is going to happend with the debt you have with us.....

I just dont want to see more professionals beeing treated without respect and ethic just to make one mans dream........

Heath, Todd, Adam, Scott, Jeane, Bif, Dustin, John, David, Woody, Josh, Brian and the rest of the team you guys rock and it was a great experience working with you guys.

Luis Pages

Old 01-09-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
neonoodle
Germaphobic

portfolio
David Bokser
Animation Director
Obsolete Robot
Los Angeles, United States

Send a message via AIM to neonoodle
Yeah, I worked there, and everything Luis said is true. Unfortunately, there are a lot of smaller studios out there whos sole purpose it seems is to take advantage of up and coming talent for quick financial gain. It's hard to get into this industry and companies such as Genesis will offer you the world, but it's almost always too good to be true. Watch yourselves out there.

Old 01-09-2005, 08:47 AM   #8
mattmos
henchman

portfolio
Matt Morris
Director
Matinai
Kington St. Michael, United Kingdom

That's a sad story, thanks for making the community at large aware of the company's behaviour - warning signs should be put up in case they try it again...

Old 01-09-2005, 03:45 PM   #9
Reepoman
Frequenter

portfolio
Barry O'Brien
Freelance Artist
Moshav Maor, Israel

ok..... well .. I will be the first to say it then.. this looks like a piece of ****. Ahh that's better. The Jeep animation is nice, but thats it. Noone is going to make any money from this crap. I hate companies that churn out rubbish CG let alone companies that USE their staff for their own financial gain.. makes me sick to my stomach. If I was on this team I would have got off as soon as I saw the visuals. U can cry WIP but if you told me that that was an animatic then I would think yeah ok, not bad, maybe some potential there but WIP, jesus!!.
Well, ripped this enough I think

Old 01-09-2005, 11:11 PM   #10
slaughters
Put the Doo in Doofuss !

portfolio
Stan Slaughter
USA

This movie looks familular. Is it a rip off of an old Disney or Tex Avery short?

Old 01-10-2005, 12:40 AM   #11
ntmonkey
Level 1 Ninja

portfolio
Meng Yang Lu
3D Operator
The Mill LA
USA

Send a message via MSN to ntmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Angelo

“Our corporate and creative mission is to develop and build strong entertainment properties along side mutually beneficial marketing partnerships,” says Alan Guimond, Genesis Orlando’s COO. “We’re extremely excited about our partnership with both the Jeep® brand and ‘Build-A-Bear.’ We are following in the footsteps of companies like PIXAR by building on our Disney heritage of story telling while securing our independence through self-funding.”

This pisses me off, along with the treatment of the crew that gave them the chance to even have anything shown. Keep your eyes peeled gang. Florida seems to be a hotspot for hurricanes and CG con-artists.

peace,

Lu

Old 01-10-2005, 01:57 AM   #12
luispages
Banned

portfolio
Luis Pages
CEO
VFX Learning
France

Thanks a lot to everybody this is exactly what we are looking for with this post, to let everybody know what's out there, I'd hate myself if I let all this remain unnoticed, also I'd like to see your opnions about this http://www.tuggerfoundation.org/ I'll leave it up to you guys...

Also what do you recomend for us to do in order to receive the money this studio owes.
Did this happend to any of you??

Thanks

Luis Pages

Last edited by luispages : 01-10-2005 at 02:01 AM.

Old 01-10-2005, 02:30 AM   #13
trthing
Do the right thing

ACCS
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagesbeto
also I'd like to see your opnions about this http://www.tuggerfoundation.org/ I'll leave it up to you guys...

OMG! I only hope it isn't what it seems

Old 01-10-2005, 02:45 AM   #14
mattmos
henchman

portfolio
Matt Morris
Director
Matinai
Kington St. Michael, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagesbeto
Also what do you recomend for us to do in order to receive the money this studio owes.
Did this happend to any of you??

Thanks

Luis Pages

Hasn't happened to me but you've got the name, phone number and address of the company director right there on the website - that would seem the first logical step

Old 01-10-2005, 03:40 AM   #15
thecrow
Frequenter

portfolio
Derek Stevens
FREELANCE

Lies!!

I was told I would have a job there, only a matter of time. I was told that they loved my 2d work as well as my modeling . It would be a chance to show the world my skills, to make my wife and family as well as my former mentor proud of me for making it *what I thought was the big time*
LIES!! I lost a great job at the Ren Center, hurt my mentor as well as his family. All to chase a dream. I went about it all the wrong way . I was like a fly drawn to the pretty light.
If I could change the things that happened I would do it in a heart beat. I will say I am sorry to Jason Busby at 3dBuzz for my actions. As well as pray every artist out there learns from what happened to me. If it is to good to be true then it is.
The short time I got to meet the Crew, I thought you were all tops! and hope for the best for all of you.
Derek Stevens
aka Crow

Thread Closed share thread