|07 July 2004||#1|
Washington DC, USA
CgTalk Daily Sketch 32 : "The Last Day of Pompei"
"The Last Day of Pompei" by Telemaco
Posted Monday July 6TH 2004: 6:30 US EST
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* 640 x 480 or 480 x 640
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" o plagiarizing.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
|07 July 2004||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2003
painter / photoshop / 2hr
(pls note I cheated with the shirt design it is a photo )
augustus: I wonder to which god he was praying to? ...you have a very confident and effective sketch style -- good one!
|07 July 2004||#6|
Join Date: Sep 2003
well I haven't posted for a while!!
photoshop : 50minutes
comments: well I was trying to just express the anguish of maybe someone looking on at the disaster, face lit up by the volcanic eruption.
@augustus : nice sketch, i like it. you capture reall feeling in that composition.
@drawMonger : very funny, i like the "un" sunburnt legs.
@PowerChild : nice little comedy sketch, I like the cartoony feel and the way you've used the highlights to bring out the detail.
well C&C anyone?
.: pure apathy :: unclassified :.
|07 July 2004||#7|
Next stop...the stars!
Part-time Professor, Full-Time 3-D Artist
Join Date: Feb 2002
haha! drawmonger that rocks!
|07 July 2004||#15|
in a moat, USA
Here is mine.. havent posted all weekend (not much I can do when the lab at school is closed)..
I like my little city, first time I make an "enviorment" the sky, well I was not sure how to make it... I know lava would not flow like that it was more an imagery of fire coming down...
anyways it is what it is....
Photoshop 1 hour 30 minutes.
Whether you think you can or you can't, you probably right.
JOIN THE DSG
|Thread Closed share thread|