Dark video

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2004
Dark video

I wonder if this post will appear? Something went terribly wrong when I tried to view my first attempt: It disappeared. Anyway. I am new to Blender and I have managed to produce some very short AVIs. Unfortunately when I play them in WMP9 or Realplayer they are very dark. At work and in Blender they look great. What could be the problem?

I have ATI Radeon 9200, Athlon XP2400 and 384mb ram.

06 June 2004
It is something more likely to be non-blender related, maybe just the different lighting conditions in your office and your home (or different brightness/contrast settings on your monitors).

Anyways, there are a few things that you could do to lessen the problem:/

a.- Before rendering, activate the Unified Renderer and then click on Post Process >>, there you will find extra setting for gamma correction, Color Saturation, and Brightness (the ¨Add¨ slider). That last one is a good candidate.

b.- On the word setting, you can increase the Exposition of the cameras (¨Expo¨), that will increase the general lighting levels. (Also is good for increasing the photo-realism when working with low-energy difuse lights).

c.- Manually increase the energy setting for your light sources.

d.- Simply take your already rendered videos and use a 3rd party post-processing app, there are a few free ones out there.

Test each of those choices, or try combining them. Takes a bit of try-n-fail, but eventually you'll get it fixed.

06 June 2004
Thanks. I have tried a-c and now the AVIs are visible in WMP and Realplayer. I do wonder if they'll be very bright when played at work. I'll send a couple over to view tomorrow.

For d I'll run them through Virtualdub or Tmpegenc and see what happens. Thanks again.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread