Changes @ Maxon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
Changes @ Maxon

https://www.maxon.net/en/news/maxon...w-ceo-on-board/

After 32 years Maxon the Maxon founders stepped down, leaving the company in the hands of industry veteran David MCGavran (formerly from Adobe).

From a very personal pov i can say that i am very sorry to see my three bosses go, we had a fantastic time, but i also see the chances that are coming.
Here is to the future!

1 Week Ago
And a very personal thanks from me towards the founders, it was a pleasure working with them for the last 17 years.

And a word from the founders

https://www.maxon.net/en/news/maxon...article/thanks/

Last edited by Srek : 1 Week Ago at 09:51 AM.

1 Week Ago
I don't want to rain on your parting-parade, but C4D has had a huge problem in the last decade with implementing badly needed high-end 3D features many, many years after people first needed them and asked for them, despite the distinctly high-end pricing of C4D Studio.

So while C4D remains the most stable and accessible 3D soft in the market, and a joy to use for everyday 3D, the statement below should be taken with a pinch of salt:

Originally Posted by Maxon Blog: To bring this energy and the resulting potential to full fruition, we’ve decided to pass the baton to a new generation of management whose experience, finesse and instincts will take this renewed founding spirit and take the best company in the world and the best future-oriented 3D application ever into a new, even more successful era.

You become future-oriented only when you understand your users' future needs a few years in advance, and have the necessary tools/functions in the software in place right about when people actually need them in order to create really impressive 3D work.

With C4D the story has always been that what is needed ends up appearing in the software many years after people actually ask for it, limiting C4D's usefulness to CG production outfits that need to produce really cutting-edge 3D work.

That is not being future-oriented, that is simply lagging behind other Pro 3D softwares in features, while charging a pretty high price for the software.

I hope that the new management understands that this is a serious problem and sets about getting some really cutting-edge 3D tech into C4D quicker than happened in the past.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Srek: And a word from the founders

https://www.maxon.net/en/news/maxon... last 17 years.
Björn, that link isn't working for me..

1 Week Ago
https://www.maxon.net/en/news/maxon-blog/article/thanks

Originally Posted by christianS:  that link isn't working for me..

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by christianS: Björn, that link isn't working for me..
The editor played some game with me, should work now.

1 Week Ago
Thx, nice. Loooking forward to the R20 announcement (as should everybody else and wait with balanced criticism until the new version is released - everything else is just wasted time). Do we really have to wait until SIGGRAPH?

reply share thread