Game Art Comp 8: Kroenen - Hellboy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2004   #1
Game Art Comp 8: Kroenen - Hellboy

I'm hogging out this spot for Kroenen from Hellboy!

This is the blade weapon he uses in the movie, not a submarine. I want to make this look like the movie version but textured like Mike Mignola drew it. We'll see how it goes.

Old 06 June 2004   #2
super!

i cannot wait to see this finished! since i love hellboy! and mignola! i love! sorry for bad englesh

Old 06 June 2004   #3

RudeCorleone: Well well well, you sure are an excited lad aren't you! I'm a genius, you can count on me to do this character justice! I'm 100% awesome.

Old 06 June 2004   #4
hehe, this one will be cool
I love Mike's Hellboy

Old 06 June 2004   #5
Thumbs up

I was just thinking about this guy the other day too, or a variation of him. Very cool choice on your selection. Hope it turns out well!

_________
*whip crack* "Draw better!" *whip crack* "More polygons!"

Old 06 June 2004   #6
Progress:

I appreciate the kind words and support! They make my ambition and drive to complete this project stronger than ever! I can lift 214 pounds! I'm a weight lifter!

Old 06 June 2004   #7
oh boy!

i like the mignola drawings and 3d convertion! please pig, please finish this model! do not let the little guy down! you are not a weight lifter. keep up the good work.

Old 06 June 2004   #8
A great character to have chosen. I think he's great and your model is looking wicked!

Old 06 June 2004   #9
Looking good so far - good poly usage.
Can you post some reference pics? Im not a huge comics fan, but i remember seeing this guy on the hellboy trailer and thinking 'what an greatly designed monstery thing!'

keep goin!

Old 06 June 2004   #10
No mesh progress tonight, the legs are too crude and unsightly for most children and religious folks alike.

This is the Mignola drawing i'm getting most seam from, It's a rendition of the movie version of Kroenen done by Mignola during the production of the movie:

The Torso i'd like to keep thin if it is within my human ability but the work of Mignola promps me to indulge his styles further! I will have to debate of course!

Also, for solid recollection of the movie Kroenen please observe this wild link:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=...Hellboy+Kroenen

It's much better than being impailed by mule deer with electrocuting antlers. Thank you all for the encouragement and be well!

Old 06 June 2004   #11
awesome start so far! I can't wait to see the finished model

Old 06 June 2004   #12
Progress for the evening:

Old 06 June 2004   #13
very nice! I don't think I've ever seen this character before, but he looks very familiar for some reason. And for some reason it reminds me of iron giant. Nice modeling so far.

Old 06 June 2004   #14
mr pig, you are fantastic! can i add you to my aol and msm messenger list! i love hellboy so much! keep up the good work!

Old 06 June 2004   #15
El P.I.G. nice cap bot dude I like this one. can't wait until you start the texture work.

Thread Closed share thread