Animation:travia game intro

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2004
Smile Animation:travia game intro

<Animation Download>

Full size Download(110MB)
real time (asf) Download

Last edited by xee3d : 06 June 2004 at 12:58 AM.

06 June 2004
downloading... but why is the full size file soo big...?

edit: the renderings are really great and all, no I mean they are really awesome , but the animation is kinda strange IMO... the lips are for example are not moving after the words or what the hell they are saying , and its kind of slow movement overall...

Great job anyway....

Last edited by Ac0rN : 06 June 2004 at 06:09 PM.

06 June 2004
absolute professional work.!!...only the sword seems to be light

great!

06 June 2004
I am completely blown away by the high fidelity, the high quality of the 2 characters, specially the monster, the fur is amazing, the atmosphere is so rich, the details, the rendering is top notch !!!
I wish there was more action, but I am satisfied with this.

Can you please post stats like you did for RFOnline?
Is that VRay?

Last edited by michelhabib : 06 June 2004 at 02:16 AM.

06 June 2004
This movie is making me wanna play Final Fantasy =) Good result overall...

06 June 2004
5 of 5!! Someone pls put it on Frontpage!

06 June 2004
awesome..

absolutely great work...
light, model and texturing cool...
animation a bit weird tho...
but cool

06 June 2004
Wow, I'm downloading the animation right now, but I just wanted to make sure to say that the cover/poster image itself is amazing to an extent I only hope to get to. Congrats.

06 June 2004
Beautiful work! Couple things I noticed that caught my eye.

1. The sword (as stated earlier) seems awefully light for it's size. The knight should show some strain behind it. Look at old medieval settings and those broadswords were quite weighty to the wielder.
2. The sword sheath seems to be attached to the back of the knights armor under the cloak by it's chain in one scene, then later when the sword is pulled it comes free and hits the floor. How is it placed?. I thought at first it was on the shoulder but that doesn't appear to be the case. When the sword is drawn the sheath is turned to the hip, yet from the visuals earlier the way it hangs would make it seem quite awkward.
3. The horns of the minotaur, after the first hammer strike when the animation scans the head to the face, seem to move around on the head. I'm not certain if it's the fur moving under the horns or the horns moving over the fur but it caused my eyes to think the horns were floating on it's head.
4. Lastly deals with the poster image. The hood looks a little plastic, like it's preformed with that sharp bend in it. Might be the harsh light on that spot causing this perception, I'm not sure.

Beyond these little instances the piece is tremendous. Great work on the physics of the chains, the fur, lighting, environment, etc. It's truly professional top notch work. Keep it up.

My Secret Agent Challenge Entry

06 June 2004
Everything is close to perfect, except for the animation which doesn't follow the rest to the same quality.

Animusing Productions
old animation stuff.

06 June 2004
When we can play with this brutal caracter?

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread