Honeysuckle hotel and props

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2004   #1
Honeysuckle hotel and props

Hi all....

Time for some new posts. Crits welcome as usual

Here is the Honeysuckle hotel/stripclub.

It's a deserted strip club and hotel, which will form part of my zombie aimation project featuring Ashley . It will be a unique building and I will probably have to create an interior for it at a later stage, as there will most likely be a scene that takes place within part of the building.

The polycount stands at 7629 with multiple textures and props.

Some of the images below are rather large in size.

Old 06 June 2004   #2
A few more renders.

extra 1

extra 2

extra 3

Old 06 June 2004   #3
And the wires....

Old 06 June 2004   #4
And finally here are a few of the props.

And some trash

Last edited by mindrot : 06 June 2004 at 06:39 PM.

Old 06 June 2004   #5
This is just so perfect. The skinning is very detailed and realistic. I really hope this ends up in a game. No complaints from me.

Old 06 June 2004   #6
Woow, You are master.
I'm looking forward to see Ashley in action, fighting with zombies in front of this ,,beautiful" hotel

Old 06 June 2004   #7
great job mindrot, I don't have any crits, only ideas to add........
I think a shopping cart or two with busted wheels would definately add a more trashy effect, or maybe even have a person sleeping on a bench covered in newspaper??? oh yeah and perhaps a few needles. looking great!!!!!!!!! superb job

Old 06 June 2004   #8
Looks great

only thing that bugs me is the neon sign, are you using any refrence for it? Not the sign itself but the red lighting looks strange. Might want to tone it done some.

Old 06 June 2004   #9
wow

theres some beautiful texturing work in there. really startlingly good stuff, and wouldnt be out of place in a AA list title

Shaun

Old 06 June 2004   #10
Hey Gary

The only thing that bugs me off the bat, is the oversharpening on that one crack texture, but that might be a post thing, and the scale of those pay phones, they seem super tiny, scale them up a bit.

The roof area feels a bit unresolved, it needs something . . maybe a gutter, or a ledge element to border it. . . a big ass billboard on the roof would also be nice.

Also, I would do a turned off version of the neon for daytime renders, it would make it look a bit more natural.

Otherwise its really cool.

Cheers

Steve

Old 06 June 2004   #11
I love it. only crit is the cracks around the window are all the exact same thing.

My favorite part is the phone.

Old 06 June 2004   #12
wow! that's excellent! great job!! i really like the textures with the dumpster & the phone. my one crit actually is the paper. i think i would have split each page into quads so the corners can bend a little & stuff, you know? it looks a little too stiff hanging straight down like that. and don't worry about the neon. lol it would still be on if zombies attacked in a matter of minutes. it'd keep running until the power ran out lol
so far i've done mostly characters but i want to have some environments on my reel. about how long did this take you, if you don't mind me asking?
-J

Old 06 June 2004   #13
Fantastic. I do agree with what was said as far as crits. so i'll just say great job!

www.jumpinmyhead.com

the artist makes the art not the brush.

Old 06 June 2004   #14
OMG the models are awsome!!!! awsome textures, awsome poly count, awsome lighting, awsome everything!!!!.....just one question? what program do you use?

Old 06 June 2004   #15
man... your textures rock... i love them (especially that sideshow character!) sooooo coool...
how do you do textures like that?! photos ? everything handpainted?! wacom?! which program!
you`re the god of dirt... haha

Thread Closed share thread