Best Podcasts for CG Artists?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

02 February 2018
Best Podcasts for CG Artists?

So, I love listening to Podcasts when I'm not doing much anything, but can't art. I was looking for things that can still keep my mind on art and the craft, and podcasts are very good for that. I've been listening lately to the Zbrush Podcast from Pixellogic, and it's been really amazing. But they don't release very often. So do you guys have any podcasts you listen to that are dedicated to the art?

I am a total Newbie, (kinda), getting back into CG art in my older years (mid 30s). Thanks in advance!

02 February 2018
my personal favorite is CG Garage ( hosted byChris Nichols - Chaos Group - Vray )
https://www.chaosgroup.com/cg-garage

They have a new episode every week. Even tho it's hosted on chaos group / vray page, its not vray specific. They will talk about it here and there, but you dont have to worry if you dont use it. Many of the talks are focused around artist, how he/she started, project they worked on etc.

Its a great motivational tool ;D

02 February 2018
Great idea for a thread! I've been looking for podcasts like this myself. I've got a question on the zBrush podcast -

I listened to some of the earlier versions and they were just the Pixo guys playing games with the people they were interviewing. For me, the content ended up being mostly just the people on the podcast just goofing off and not getting as deep into the "nitty-gritty" of the things they were actually making. Has that changed in the newer episodes?

reply share thread