Shake 3.5 and Motion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2004
Shake 3.5 and Motion

Looks like the rumored shake lite/after effects killer. Only $299, but it's mac only. It's not node based though.

http://www.apple.com/motion

http://www.apple.com/shake/

04 April 2004
Uff, heaps of new stuff from Apple.... that is cool, shame that Motion is not Linux avaliable or something.

04 April 2004
I was very impressed by that press release. Motion might change the way how bread & butter motion graphics are created, and more importantly, After Effects users might have to rethink their strategies.

Any thoughts on this?

04 April 2004
Hmmm... "Motion" does look interesting and I'm sure it's going to be a solid piece of software... but sadly they're not going to release it on Windows, so many After Effects users willing to buy/use Motion would have to switch to Apple completely - something I (and many others) are simply unwilling to do.

On an unrelated note, how will Adobe take to this? They've already removed Premiere from the Mac due to FinalCut, will After Effects be next?

04 April 2004
Quote: Originally posted by stefanminning
On an unrelated note, how will Adobe take to this? They've already removed Premiere from the Mac due to FinalCut, will After Effects be next?

Adobe doesn't really do stuff out of spite(its bad for business), they do it because of money. Premiere only had a 10% user base on mac which made it pretty easy to kill(not making enough, or much money to pay for its development.). Afterfx has a 50% userbase on mac so I doubt they will be killing it anytime soon. Thats alot of users and alot of money loss if they did.

04 April 2004
apple3.5 update rocks .....
the features---> i´ve waiting for....
http://a240.g.akamai.net/7/240/51/c...0A_Shake_PO.pdf

and the best:
shake for linux only 5000bucks !!

http://www.heribertraab.com/

04 April 2004
Yea, thats awsome, and the Mac version went down in price too. It's only 3k now. That lower linux price also means the nongui version is only $2,000 now instead of $3900. Makes licenses for rendering alot cheaper.

04 April 2004
another layer-based.. man I wanna evolve for those so-called top-notch node-based packages, with all those wires & spider web scripts

but anyway, as u said.. with a price like this it's AE killer .

--

04 April 2004
Which company did they buy to get hold of "Motion" ?

04 April 2004
Quote: Originally posted by opacity
Which company did they buy to get hold of "Motion" ?

It looks like it is based on Rayz, Shake and FCP technology. The Shake team in Santa Monica almost tripled in size but the amount of new features in Shake have not, so I am guessing this is what many of them were working on. I always heard wispers around town about ex-Rayz and Shake people working on some secret software for Apple that none would discuss. I'm guessing this is it.

04 April 2004
Sounds likely.. More cheap toys for the FCP-editors I suppose, so how much competition are they expecting to wipe out without a windows or linux version?

04 April 2004
Excuse me, anybody heard about Cinema4D & Shake integration?

04 April 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Randle
Excuse me, anybody heard about Cinema4D & Shake integration?

What type of integration do you mean?

As for Motion it really look amazing, I just wish Apple release it for Linux at least, even tho I know that it won't happen.

Shake is without questions a great app, and the new version 3.5 brings some pretty neat features, but what I'm really looking foward is [di:p] R-evolution, made by some of the guys of the good old 5D, and specially for being a highend system with a freelancer version, that will rock!

Check the press release

Cheers,
dg

04 April 2004
They don't say much in the press release, but it sounds like Speedgrade. What did they show at NAB? Their press release is about as vague as you can be.

04 April 2004
I mean integration Maxon Cinema4D and Apple Shake.
Like integtration Maxon Cinema4D with Adobe After Effects.
Is it possible?

Thread Closed share thread