Shake Perspective Shifting?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2004   #1
Shake Perspective Shifting?

I broke up all my layers in photoshop now i need to do a fake camera move. I'm trying ot find a way where you can put the layers in Z space. I can use AE to seperate it in Z, but I'm doing most of my compositing in shake. I don't know how shake seperates it's layers in Z space. I used a method a long time ago with a fake camera pan from left to right. But this one is a bit different and I need them to be put into Z space. The camera move is quite fast and won't be so significant, but to my eye it looks to fake.

Old 03 March 2004   #2
Use the move3d node, it is essentially a 3d camera.

Old 03 March 2004   #3
This might help.....

http://www.cmistudios.com/images/mov/parentChild3d.mov

Old 03 March 2004   #4
Quote: Originally posted by beaker
Use the move3d node, it is essentially a 3d camera.

I've used this node. When i try to set it in .zPan it doesn't look like it goes back in Z depth

Old 03 March 2004   #5
Quote: Originally posted by Oxide
This might help.....

http://www.cmistudios.com/images/mov/parentChild3d.mov

Ya i used this move for a basic pan from left to right. It did a good job. But i'm trying to see if there is another method regarding Z space. I might just go back to this method if there isn't alternatives

Old 03 March 2004   #6
Quote: Originally posted by Mananetwork
I've used this node. When i try to set it in .zPan it doesn't look like it goes back in Z depth

Thats because the focal length is set to 0. You have to give it a value in order for it to work.

Old 03 March 2004   #7
Quote: Originally posted by beaker
Thats because the focal length is set to 0. You have to give it a value in order for it to work.

Ok so now I see it in action. But when I attach a main camera move to the whole tree and try to move it, I don't see the plates shifting. Once I start playing with the FieldOfView + zPan I start to see Zdepth change.. How so I set my tree up correctly to achieve what i'm looking for

Example of what i'm doing

picture 1 picture 2

Move3d1 Move3d2

Over

Move3d3

Move3d2 has a FieldOf View of 100 and is zPan -1000 and Scaled 2.0

Move3d3 is the main camera move which pans across my matte paintings. I need picture 2 to be slower then picture 1 because it's a set of clouds

Old 03 March 2004   #8
Hello, just bin the third 3DMove, and do the pan with the first two, both set to the same fieldofview, with Move3D2.xPan = Move3D1.xPan.
Hope this helps

Old 04 April 2004   #9
Quote: Originally posted by jwmoebius
Hello, just bin the third 3DMove, and do the pan with the first two, both set to the same fieldofview, with Move3D2.xPan = Move3D1.xPan.
Hope this helps

I'll give that a try a bit later

But for now another question.. lol
I have a move3d node which has a bunch of move settings. Lets say I wanna use those move settings on another object but 100 frames down the road. How can i write a script using * example SecondMove3d.xAngle = MainMove3d.xAngle * but 100 frames later. On the SecondMove3d node

Old 04 April 2004   #10
I'm not sure this is the most elegant solution but you could just squeeze a timeX in between. (timeX.newTime = time-100).

Old 01 January 2006   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread