Just a sketch: Children Cover your Eyes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2002
Just a sketch: Children Cover your Eyes

Here is something I drew today to practice drawing females. I took some cues from Feng Zhu (http://www.artbyfeng.com) for the facial features. Critiques welcomed.

07 July 2002
Talking wow!

Great body ! ...but try to work more on her face!

Anyway, post us more!!!

07 July 2002
I could be wrong(and probably am ), but even for a stylized body, I think her waist is a little too short, and her neck and head are too small. They just need a *slight* adjustment. Otherwise, it's looking pretty good...you've got nice detail going. I think the way you've drawn the fabric is pretty convincing.

07 July 2002
Thanks for the crits, when it comes to drawing women I'm pretty rusty. Art4Sayan: What kind of changes would you recommend I do for the face?

07 July 2002
Talking A piece of advice for you

First, maybe that a larger head will fit better her body.
For her face, I think that more expression would be better...so try to make her eyes more expressive with bigger eyes ...maybe a lil' smile on her face will make the trick too!

See u!!

07 July 2002

Update: Some proportional adjustments, eyeballs (knew I forgot something :P), and a splash of color

Now that I think of it I should have posted this in the WIP section. Oops

Last edited by Asorson : 07 July 2002 at 07:10 AM.

07 July 2002
Hmm... odd... the body looks really good. Well proportioned. Compliments for that. Love the lining and the sketch coming trough

Only the head looks like it has been sticked on, like a head on a puppet. That's because the neck is too thin.
You should also lower the head, including the neck. And I mean a lot. That way the neckmuscle, that goes from the neck to the shoulder gets a whole lot shorter and everything will look more natural. I think that will do the trick.

After that, you could try to get some lighting in, like light on one side and dark on the other, then the whole thing will come to life.

Just trying to help

Keep up the good work
jeroentje
Oh, and ehm... More women on cgtalk.com!!!

edit - Why should children cover theyre eyes?

Last edited by jeroentje : 07 July 2002 at 11:11 PM.

07 July 2002
Thanks for the crits guys, the head was off-center and the neck was definitely too long. Here's an updated colored version.

Last edited by Asorson : 07 July 2002 at 09:53 AM.

07 July 2002
Shroomyyyyy..

Love the end resuly.

07 July 2002
Well I've got lots of feedback about the face looking funny so I changed it

07 July 2002
Ah, better
But still could be better if you make the nose more like a triangle instead of a square.

07 July 2002
Well i like her breast very much~ but......MAKE HER SLIMMER~!! and that'll b very perfect~!
by the way work more detail on her face too~(makes her beautiful~)
Ken.02

07 July 2002
Sorry Psycho Ken, no like twig chics

I'll prob mess around with the face some more tonight.

07 July 2002
It's coming along ... but there's still a few things about it that look odd to me.

The arms - almost mirror each other in shape and pose (even the hands), but the arm on the right (her left) is shorter. I suppose if you're trying to make the arm appear forshortened then you need to change the position of the hand.

The torso - seems almost dwarfish to me. Is she supposed to be standing or leaning against something with her behind? If she's standing straight up and down, then the area from her diaphragm to belly button needs to be lengthened. If she's leaning on something, then you need to add more folds in her dress near the waist to inidicate this.

The head - is still too small or has some other issues. General rule of thumb is that the face is the same size as the character's open hand (put your own hand over your face and you'll see this is true). The angle of her chin suggests that she as her head slightly tilted down, but the bottom of her lip and underside of the nose tell me otherwise.

Get a catalog from Sears or something like that and use the models in there for reference. Here's a pic from Spiegel that might be a good ref for the face.

07 July 2002

Update:

-Enlarged the head and lowered her hairline
-Stretched the torso
-Scaled the arms so that they are closer to same length
-Shrank the hands
-Rounded off the chin a bit

Thread Closed share thread