Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Michal Bilinski

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Michal Bilinski

Michal Bilinski has entered the Machineflesh 2D Challenge.

03 March 2004
Concept Sketch: cybermage

Hello everyone, this is my first challenge entry ever so wish me luck. I've chosen a pretty straight-forward concept - a humanoid body stuffed with mechanical parts. In order to make all the organic elements stand out and make the connection of flesh and metal even more drastic I decided to strip the character from it's skin. I'm aiming for sort of a cyber-mage look, the character is not built for hand to hand combat and although it's body has been mechancially augmented it still relies on the power of it's mind when facing it's enemies.
I'll work on this guy the old fashioned way - draw the character with a pencil, ink it and then add color in Photoshop.

03 March 2004
pretty cool idea you got there dude

Just try not to make it some sort of android like a lot of people tend to do....make him REALLY original.

Originality is what makes a winner I thinks

03 March 2004
Looks great so far, the pose is very dynamic. I like the skull mask faceplate thing. Good luck with it.

03 March 2004
Hi nice work man. The only problem I have with it at this stage is the fact that he has too many loose wires for hand to hand combat what happen if his opponent pull one of the me out.

03 March 2004
Concept Sketch: frogger

Hey there, thanks for all the positive feedback. I took a look at all the other entreis, read some of the comments and decided to introduce some slight changes to my drawing... I am dumping the humnoid body form and switching to an animal :). I've checked all the entries, noticed some doggies and turtles but luckily - no frogs. So I shall draw a frog... with a jet engine that improves it's jumping capabilities.
Wonder if you like it better than the previous concept.

03 March 2004
Good choice, i think you have a more solid and original idea on the frog design....ill be keeping an eye on this one!

03 March 2004
Hi
Personnally I prefer the frog concept, it is more original than the first one
Nice sketch btw
Keep it up!

03 March 2004
I am with the frog concept too !
its way more original and smart than the first one ,which looked a bit boring :-/

you could suggect a wiry mechanical object for his tongue too!

03 March 2004
yup .. I think we pretty much all agree on the frog!.. it's more "unique".
the only thing for me is that there's no drama or angle to your picture as oppose to your first entry where there's somekinda of movement in your caracter.
For the moment, I find that the frog resemble has a shema, because it is too static. (without saying that the quality of the drawing is bad... on the contrary!!!)

anyways.., this is a suggestion and I must say that as a whole your work is very very GOOD! I like it!

03 March 2004
Yes, a frog concept sounds cool!

03 March 2004
The frog is brilliant - you simply have to do it...

And as an added incentive, If you don't - I'll bloody well cry

Excellent stuff.

03 March 2004
Thanks for the comments fellas - I guess it's been decided - a frog it shall be =) I'll post yet another WIP pic once I'm done drawing it.

Quote: there's no drama or angle to your picture as oppose to your first entry

The next drawing will featue a more dynamic pose, I promise.

Quote: you could suggect a wiry mechanical object for his tongue too!

Cool idea, I will definitely equip my frog with a flexible metallic tongue .

03 March 2004
YA we are similar in ideas. love your sketch.. good luck....

Last edited by KurtBoutilier : 03 March 2004 at 08:30 PM.

03 March 2004
hey there
great sketchie style i like the way you've given the frog a hypnotised eye.
my crit though is lack of back story, at least hint at it especially with this subject. Why has someone given this frog mechanical legs. Also answering this yourself will probably give you more authentic ideas.cheers

share thread