Beast Of Burden - Character - Pancreas

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2002
Beast Of Burden - Character - Pancreas

Hi, i´ll try to keep regular updates and avoid leaving everything for the last day. Ha ha, i can´t believe myself.
I´d prefer open theme challenges, but i don´t want to get out of the party, so this is what i ´ve got so far.

After six a3 of sketches, this is my idea. A four legged creature, with a reindeer-yak head. I´ve tried to design a cool and original set of legs, so i went for a mantis type. Oh ho, then i realized they where very similar to those of a cg creature from a science fiction film called attack of the drones or something like that. I hope nobody had seen it. Well, everything is already invented...

I´m thinking about the harness and trinkets stuff. I want to make different seats, for a crew of 4 or 5 riders, like a b17 flying fortress kind, one on the neck, another on the haunches, hanging from the belly, on the back, etc. with cannon turrets and so on. I´ll draw them tomorrow.
C&C (command and conquer?) very appreciated. Critics are welcolme. Poems and insults are optional.

Feel the pancreas experience!

Last edited by Pancreas : 07 July 2002 at 12:39 AM.

07 July 2002
U SUCK!!!
O SUCKIEST OF ALL SUCKS....

anyway the sketch is awesome... im not sure if like those legs but overall its a really cool concept

07 July 2002
I think the front legs are really cool. I reckon the back legs would look a bit better a bit shorter maybe. Maybe with the knees inverted.
But apart from that look like a cool character.

07 July 2002
nice sketch and good BoB idea. I think it should look pretty awesome.
1011010 1110010 1001111 0101101 0110001

07 July 2002
Great concept.....
It'll make a great model....

07 July 2002
I can't wait to see it animated!!! (4)

07 July 2002
Really diggin the scale and the height. Make some good use of the space below is belly, just like a zeppelin or something.

07 July 2002
veeery cool concept! it's pretty different from the others!

07 July 2002
nice one, the best part is the face IMO.
I had a hard time to figure out "what was what" though, but I see great possibilities in this entry! and as I said that face is marvelous, keep it up

07 July 2002
remember me a bit those beasts in Dark crystal... cool start!

07 July 2002
Another concept sketch.

On the left there´s the canon site wich will be hanging from the chest. The right drawing is the main bridge, on the haunches looking backwards. There the course is setted and corrected.
The beast hauls two huge saddlebags for supplies, water and junk.
The shepherd warriors wear thick robes and hoods wich protect them of the two suns of Desertia. The cane is to control and lead the beast. It discharges small electrical spells that stimulate the bob´s brain and make it to turn left/right, stop, go forward/backward, seat, catch a frisbee...
Thanks very much for your comments guys. Phyle, i drew the shorter back legs version, and it looked too "biped" to me, i like all legs of the same height, as a deer, more "cuadruped".
Nanoneen, you can wait seated animation is too much for me.
Thanks, Sir Pascal Blanché, oh that movie brigs to me such good memories. Labyrinth was another great film too.
Fellah, i´m glad you like the face, now i must make it express one of the emotions from the rules.
I hope next update will be 3D

Feel the pancreas experience!

07 July 2002
Really goregous concept art pancreas. it looks awesome.
1011010 1110010 1001111 0101101 0110001

07 July 2002
awesome concept

07 July 2002
i loved dark crystal and its univers creatures !!!

good memories !

07 July 2002
Killer concept..does make me think of the striders, but totally different. The armament and other designs are awesome too. Can't wait to see this in 3D.

share thread