Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #1
Gyzer
Veteran
Student

Send a message via AIM to Gyzer Send a message via Yahoo to Gyzer
THE New Robo

After entering Robo in the last contest, I decieded that I really wanted to totaly redisign him for my portfolio. I've gotten alot of crits on the overall design up to this point, but I'd still like to have some others.

I did look at Calibretto from Battle Chasers while working on this for some of the proportions, but otherwise I went off my own exagurating what robo already had.

He is around 4200 tris, lower then the original, but I still have a few minor things to add.

The original Robo I did was in the contest, so look at the submissions thread to find it, its on the 2nd page.

Old 03-09-2004, 10:44 PM   #2
TRyanD
~Major Lee High~
none :O

Send a message via ICQ to TRyanD Send a message via AIM to TRyanD Send a message via Yahoo to TRyanD
Looking good.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:24 AM   #3
YerEvilTwin
Character Artist

Todd Dinosaur
Professional Game Artist
San Jose, USA

Send a message via AIM to YerEvilTwin Send a message via Yahoo to YerEvilTwin
Much better exaggeration. I hope the textures don't turn out as crappy. I would like to see the bottom of the foot armor more intersting

Old 03-10-2004, 04:37 AM   #4
Gyzer
Veteran
Student

Send a message via AIM to Gyzer Send a message via Yahoo to Gyzer
First off, those textures weren't crappy, they weren't the best, but they were all wiped out in 16 hours in one day from start to finish.

But I will be working on the textures alot more then on the first one.

Old 03-18-2004, 04:00 AM   #5
darkefire
AnimationMentor - Alumnus

Konrad Kruszewski
Animator/Graphic Designer
VerizonWireless
Sacramento, USA

that Robo model from the last contest gets my top votes for nostalgia and execution!!! (right along with the Frog model... i guess im just a sap for OG CC) and this one is coming along nice.

i dont know what you have in mind as far as the direction you'll be taking it, but i'd like to see you incorporate that good old "wood and steam" samurai/technology look (unless thats been overdone, then please ignore me). like, giving the drum on his back a wooden-barrel kind of texture, and possiblly a pole with a vertical banner displaying kanji of some kind. maybe im just thinking that way cuz his head looks like he's wearing a traditional straw hat.
www.analoggshokk.com

Old 01-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread