Question: Isometric Render?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2004
Question: Isometric Render?

Hello,

i build some buildings for an isometric game like "SimCity" .. the problem is only the Rendering, its never Isometric like in SimCity.

Did someone have a tip or a tutorial where i can read how to do it?

Thanx

02 February 2004
bonus tools has that option

02 February 2004
ah great .. thanx, it works works ... not perfect but good

02 February 2004
and you can switch the perspective view to an orto, place it like you want... not even cool but i did a opener with it - it works

02 February 2004
yeah i use it in the orto view. .. and afters some training i must correct my statement and say that it works PERFECT! :scream =D ... Thanx again ..

:

10 October 2005
whats bonus tools ??

i also am having this exact problem.. even if i render from an orthographic view im still getting a perspective out of it..

if i were to render a square at a 45 degree angle i would want to be able to duplicate it in photoshop and have it tileable. but it doesnt line up due to the perspective.

any solutions ? or if you know what bonus tools is then plz do tell more : P

thx

10 October 2005
bonus tools is a free pack of usefull scripts and plugins that is available on alias's site... get it from the download section:

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/commun...tools/index.jsp

btw you need to register to download it

.p

10 October 2005
thanks i got it.. it seems to be working ok.. cept i have a new problem now

the way this function works is it seems to collect all things in your scene and place them under a obj set and then scew the set to give you a orthographic look.

right now its taking my bones and my smoothed skin and skewing it .. which means my skin is getting a dble deform and thus giving me some major headaches

i cant seem to figure out how to get the function to not select cirtain objs in the scene ie(my smoothed skin)

anyone know of a solution .. or perhaps incountered the problem b4 ?

thx

10 October 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread