Contrast changes to multiple layers?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2002
Contrast changes to multiple layers?

This image is for a classically animated Short Film, and I had a critique that i should increase the contrast. my question is how can I do this to a 37 layer image all at once without flattening. Or even better, apply the levels and brightness/contrast to sperate layers all at once, say if I grouped them all as yellow layers or something. I am using PS 6, but have acces to PS 7 at school if needed, any help would be greatly appreciated to save me some time as this issue may come up with the many other BG's I have to paint.

07 July 2002
That's easy; use an adjustment layer.

"Layer" > "New Adjustment Layer" > "Brightness/Contrast"

or

Click the icon that looks like a half-white/half-black circle on the layer palette.

EDIT : of course, the adjustment layer has to be above all the layers you want to adjust

07 July 2002
aha, thankyou I should have known this too, too often I do that kind of editing without the adjustment layers I should use the tools more often, but I haven't done this type of painting too much in PS, mainly posters thanks for the help.

07 July 2002
Great BG my man, it looks fantastic!
Why change it? it can't hurt though.

thanks sinistergfx, that'll help me too.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread