RnH Voodo on FXGuide

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 08 August 2014   #1
RnH Voodo on FXGuide

Some more details about Voodoo trickling out. I guess we'll know more again around SIGGRAPH.
http://www.fxguide.com/featured/voodoo-magic/

Old 08 August 2014   #2
Yeah Jaco, I have been looking forward to seeing more of this. Between this and fabric/splice, their is some light in the Auto-darkness

Good to see some new vids!

Old 08 August 2014   #3
I wish they could release it for free, not open sourced, but yes, for free for small studios, call me naive, but a lot of people releases a lot of things to the community for free (tutorials for example) it could be great if those big companies, that their main business is not software, could release their propietary software for free for individuals and small studios

(I don't say they should do that, just saying that I would like that to happen hehehe)

Cheers.

Old 08 August 2014   #4
I was impatiently waiting for this official anouncement. Purchasing options for freelancers and indies need to be sorted out apparently, but seriously... Goodbye Maya!

Old 08 August 2014   #5
WOW if they release this for small/ mid studios Maya will be gone for sure, but it seems to me an amazing tool for big productions.

Old 08 August 2014   #6
Yeah, now even small studios will be able to create Richard Parker with no brainer with easy learning curve and no big investment

Old 08 August 2014   #7
Originally Posted by LuckyBug: Yeah, now even small studios will be able to create Richard Parker with no brainer with easy learning curve and no big investment

Yep, it feels like everybody in the neighborhood suddenly drives a Ferrari

Old 08 August 2014   #8
That'd only lead to streets filled with crashed supercars.

Old 08 August 2014   #9
They should rename it to "Voodoo Indie" and be done with it...

Old 08 August 2014   #10
wow thats amazing but at the end its mentioned that they will sell it to large studios. Hope that will change soon.

R&H learn from arnold render they are more profitable when they release it to masses.

reply share thread