Help with morphs in subd model

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2004   #1
Help with morphs in subd model

People, i need help with morphs. I have this F4U corsair and i want to move some parts, rotate others, open things, etc and I'm trying to use morphs to do it. But my model is in subds...may this be the problem? The thing is that in modeler it works ok but in layout it sucks.

Do i have to do it the old fashioned way? In layout assemble the model with moving parts parented, etc....

My f4u corsair thread

Old 02 February 2004   #2
In layout make sure you set the subdivision order of the object to last. That's the first thing I can think of. Let me know if that works for you.

Ayreon

Old 02 February 2004   #3
Yap it looks like u havent set the Subd Order to Last in Layout, never understood why the default value is First anyway...

Choose your object, press "p" and in the properties menu choose Subdivision Order to LAST. it should work as expected now

Boa Sorte

Old 02 February 2004   #4
Obrigadao Sil3

That was it. And stupid me, i knew that but i haven't used morphs for sometime now and i didn't remember that stuff. Tx for the help.

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread