Cars and Nurbs

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2002   #1
Question Cars and Nurbs

Anyone know how to model a car using nurbs in 3ds max 4? Or know any tutorials that can help me? Ive tryed box modeling and patches but i just can't seem to get it. Its really pissing me off!:annoyed:

Old 06 June 2002   #2
Rhino

Rhino for nurbs

Old 06 June 2002   #3
Ford Motor Company uses Rhino for their car bodies.

Old 06 June 2002   #4
Don't even try to model car with NURBS in Max, it's not worth it believe me ( i have tried ), better get some decent NURBS package ( rhino ), or try with polys. It's not that hard, find some tutorials on web.Good luck.

Old 06 June 2002   #5
Well i just put 2 pics ( back / side ) by each other and start creating polys and editing them according to both the pics
you will need to perfectly allign them unless youl be doing Proportion editing later on :

Old 07 July 2002   #6
NURBS in max are a joke. As someone said, professionals would use Rhino or A|W's Studio. In max your options are polygons or splines/surface tools.

Old 07 July 2002   #7
what Max (and every other package that currently has NURBS) needs to do is support OpenNURBS

http://www.opennurbs.com

Old 07 July 2002   #8
Grey, isn't Robert Mcneel the guy who created Rhino? I wonder if this is based on Rhino? Rhino is a good choice for nurbs just the same.

Old 07 July 2002   #9
the OpenNURBS format IS the Rhino 3DM format

That's the whole beauty of this!

Write your favorite sofware maker and get them to implement OpenNURBS. You'll be able to use Rhino NURBS objects directly inside your software

Old 01 January 2006   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread