Flash Portfolio- Ideas and Thoughts

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
Flash Portfolio- Ideas and Thoughts

I am working on making a new flash site, because I got tired of making my current one, and because I was tired I never posted any of my artwork.

I am not sure how much time I will have to work on it, so this thread might be kind of slow. But who knows, maybe I'll be working on the site like mad- kinda depends on how important i feel it is compared to my other work, but I'll definately be working on it every day.

Here is my start: Intro button, kind of like a power button to start up my whole site. I think I will also make it a power down button as well. Let me know what you think, and if you have any good ideas for design I'm all ears.

Power Button

01 January 2004
Nice power button. Looks a little dull at first but lights up well. May needs some shinyness or something a little extra that makes it look more 3D, especially at the start.

01 January 2004
Button sitll a little dull, but I added some and I changed how the button enters, as well as after clicked. What do you think of the extra stuff: Button

01 January 2004
Thumbs down

Thats more like it. Good job!

01 January 2004
update: some text and preloader. can't wait to start the menu, but I think I'll leave it simple.
link down

Last edited by spin3 : 01 January 2004 at 06:43 AM.

01 January 2004
hah! i could click on that for days and not get bored!
www.analoggshokk.com

01 January 2004
Update again. I am having so much fun making my site I can't stop, I'm like a machine.
button below

Last edited by spin3 : 01 January 2004 at 08:54 PM.

01 January 2004
I can still only see the power button, with no noticeable changes... is that right?

01 January 2004
No, here try this link:
Newsite

01 January 2004
New update, let me know if you see the date and time on the upper right of the bars, I might have to choose a different font.
button down

Last edited by spin3 : 01 January 2004 at 09:02 PM.

01 January 2004
Looking nice! keep up the good work. Definitely need to change that time font. It's barely legible. Also, the milliseconds is kind of a jittery irritation in the corner... maybe reconsider that.

One other thing, why don't you center the site on the screen?

01 January 2004
arg... just noticed some other things.

You made a spelling mistake with 'Forums'.

It would be nice to justify the date & time text to the right to keep it neat and consistent with the other side of the menu.

01 January 2004
boah this really looks cool !!

01 January 2004
Yeah, I seem to always spell forums like that. Just sort of habbit, thanks for the keen eye. I had it on the right, but I just forgot to embed the font. It should be fixed now: Update

Last edited by spin3 : 01 January 2004 at 09:07 PM.

01 January 2004
Thumbs down

Thats better.

share thread