CGTalk > More Forums > Click Here for: > Legacy - Gallery/Finished Work: 3D (archive)
Login register
  share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 01-15-2004, 05:45 AM   #1
Still life: "VASE" A material study.

......aaaaaaand thats a wrap! I have been working on a material study this past week and I am calling it final. I conducted this small study to clear some things up for myself before starting the "real" project I have had in mind. The model is based off of a vase in my home....I have quite a collection from all over the world (like the one I used for my tutorial in issue 46 of 3d world magazine) of the benefits of deploying from here to there with the military. Blah blah for the goods...

Here is the final image which includes the initial sketch that was ultimately used as a reference during the modeling phase...

Charcoals and color pencil were used for the sketch. The modeling, and shading was done in Blender and the textures themselves were created in Adobe Photoshop.

Be sure to search for my name in the next few weeks to see if I have posted anything regarding the project that this study was intended for. Take care all and as always thank you for taking the time to view my work.

A real time start to finish look at my ongoing project:

My Online Portfolio
Old 01-15-2004, 07:27 AM   #2
too much broccoli
I'm working on this.
hello Landis!

this is umm interesting! Try putting it in an environment and rendering it so we get more of a sense of the material (maybe against a concrete wall). Airman is cool!

See some of my work here!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:00 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
  share thread