Hawker Sea Fury, Kiwi123 (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2004   #1
Smile vehicles: MiG-15 and Hawker SeaFury

Hi everyone,

Included are three images of the MiG-15 and the Hawker SeaFury that saw action in the Korean war in the fifties. The MiG was flown by the North-Koreans, Russians and Chinese. The SeaFury was flown by the British fleet air arm, from carriers.

The idea was to make a couple of animations with these beauties, recreating a dogfight that happened in the summer of 1952. But it takes so much time I decided to do some still images to finally get some results I can show.
All done in Lightwave, everything is 3d, including the background.

Please let me know what you think !

bigger size:
high res image render 1

high res image render 2

high res image render 3

The small images in this post really don't show them like they should be. So by all means, view the big ones.

Greets,

Old 01 January 2004   #2
nice work! One suggestion... on the third picture, you should blur the jet to make it look like its passing the slower one. (doing too many things at once, can't remember what kind it is) great job!

Kevin

Old 01 January 2004   #3
Thanks Kevin !
I was actually thinking of making it look like the mig is on on fire on the third picture. But I'm not too sure. It's definately lacking something. I'll try your suggestion.

Old 01 January 2004   #4
Hey there,

Cool renders. I especially like the last one of the three. I like the painterly feel and the warm colours.

Nice job dude!

a.

Old 01 January 2004   #5
Nice

very nice wiek. this should be on the front page

Old 01 January 2004   #6

Very cool mate, no harm in telling you AGAIN I just love the textures on the Sea Fury.

Cheers!

Old 01 January 2004   #7
Talking

it is like pearl harbour flight in the scene, good.... may be can try others model ship, or may be u can try do some fantasy flying ship using this kind of texture and concept.

Old 01 January 2004   #8
Hi Kicit,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, do you want the aircraft flying over water with boats in the background ?

Maybe i'll do a render with a fury coming in on the deck of an aircraft carrier, but that'll take a while.

Old 01 January 2004   #9
Man I think these are abosolutely gorgeous. Nice subtle colouring. In the third is the sea fury pilot watching the MiG-15?
!

You better not hold out on us. DO THE ANIMATION!

Actually one crit. Maybe you could fade out or shake up the background aircraft in the 1st and 3rd. They look a little too crisp.
I dunno... I'll shut up now.

Old 01 January 2004   #10
wooo good work !
I like it

Old 01 January 2004   #11
outstanding!

Flickr

MDI Digital

Old 01 January 2004   #12
The MIG pilot's ears are just a tad too big, maybe pull a few polys to tweak it ......Yeah right....

Don't change nothin, it's stunning as it is

Old 01 January 2004   #13
Is that OGO or HV, either way Its phenomenal work. I just wondered what the render time was. If it is OGO congrats, its good to see it being used to great effect.

[[/url][/B]

Old 01 January 2004   #14
The sea fury is one of my favorite WW2 era planes and you've done a great job on it. The textures are awesome.

Only one crit. In the 2nd picture the right wing on the fury has a spot that is VERY VERY reflective, almost like a carp paint finish that really sticks out from the rest.

Old 01 January 2004   #15
Ah dude those are beautiful. Any tutes in the future from you, on building aircraft and lighting them like that? Or know of some good sites that do? Amazing in the detail.

Awesome!

Thread Closed share thread