Vehicle: Audi TT

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
Vehicle: Audi TT

Hi. This is my version of the Audi TT. Made the model about a year ago, but these are fresh renders. this was my first serious car model, made for learning and fun (before the porsche356b). The model has been built with subdivided polys (I'm posting the wireframe).

All the images, I used for background and modified for the environment, are from the internet. The renders are all composited in lightwave, I've hidden the environment objects from the camera, except for one plane (a poly) under the car, on which I've mapped the background image with front projection mapping. And for that plane I've added a gradient transparency on the sides, so they fit in the background on the render (the tone (brightness, and color) of that plane has to be very similar to the original BG image). I hope you can understand it. I'm also posting the scenes, but this method can't be seen on them.
This way I didn't need to composite anything in photoshop (only the reflection of the silver version in the park, because with blurred reflections the rendertime is too high, so I've rendered it separately with lower quality settings). But I've used photoshop for adjusting the contrast (levels), and sharpening a bit the images. That's all.

C&C are welcome.

Compositions:

Happy New Year

Last edited by pandras : 01 January 2004 at 01:30 PM.

01 January 2004
Wireframe and Scenes:

01 January 2004
just great. very, very realistic... great job once again.

all the best
Nikola Drincic

01 January 2004
I like the renders more than the compositions, anyway great work once again!

01 January 2004
Very clean modell and very good render!
Keep it up!
Congrat!

Fruit & Vegetable

01 January 2004
Great render and clean model this is what makes a good car
btw...i love the rims!

01 January 2004
Wow

that is really very good,

the top image, with the trees, the photograph is a bit grainy but the car isn't, a small gripe, but its the only thing i can fault.

Maybe Dosches huge DVD pack of HDRI's would be useful here

01 January 2004
I love the comp'd shots.Excellent work!

Jimmypop

01 January 2004
Shoot me down in flames for saying so, but I really don't like the red version. The silver version looks so much better comped into that photo than the red one, which just sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's not that the car looks fake, but the color just competes too much with the green trees in the background, so overall the image is just a little too overwhelming, colour-wise.

The actual shade of red looks a bit strange too - do you actually get a TT in that particular colour? It looks like a very metallic shade of red, and that shade of red is usually found on cheaper cars. Classier cars usually have a deeper or cherry red colouring. Then again, I don't know much about cars, since I'm a female and am, frankly, totally disinteresting in them, hehe

The reflections on the silver one are also much more realistic, since I find the reflections on the red paint to be a little too strong.

But overall this is nice work An impressively clean wireframe too.

Please post a render of the silver car from the front (the same angle as the red one)!! I'd really like to see one.

01 January 2004
Cool, thanks for explaning the whole compositing process... really helped me out there!

01 January 2004
Awesome car, and awesome rims man. Now do a black version with a hugeass bodykit and muffler tip neon would be a bonus.
Babie Moo

01 January 2004
Very good work! the car is very clean and well modelled and the renders are excellent, but as said Leigh the red car compostition has a problem with the color of it. Try to decrease the saturation of the red and it should be better.

01 January 2004
That first pic is great, almost photo real. The only thing that makes it not seem photo real in my opinion is the car paint. It's lacking of any reflection or real glossiness. It almost looks matte or plasticy. Don't get me wrong it's awesome, it just think that's the one little thing it's missing to be almost perfect.

What was this car modelled in btw? Very clean and neat mesh.

01 January 2004
An excellent job Pandras, top notch quality sincerely. My fav is the black one. The material over the wheels is superb
You can give it a tunning style, like in The Need for the Speed: UnderGround.

i see the red color very fine. It's a custom to give that color to cars, it's a nice color in my opinion. Another question is if you dislike it, as you know... for tastes... colors :P

Adjust your monitor if you watch it not very well.

regards

share thread