Take Two's Grand Theft Auto V passes $1 Billion mark in just 3 days!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #1
Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto V passes $1 Billion mark in just 3 days!

An amazing feat by the team over at Take Two/Rockstar...congrats!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO...920-707173.html

"Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (TTWO) said its "Grand Theft Auto V" videogame booked worldwide retail sales of more than $1 billion in the first three days on the shelf, a mark it claimed to hit faster than any other entertainment property--including video games and feature films.

Take-Two previously said "GTA V," the latest release of the popular "GTA" franchise, brought in $800 million in sales in its first day of release.

The sales easily break the previous record set when Activision Blizzard Inc.'s (ATVI) "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" hit $1 billion in worldwide sales in 15 days in December. In comparison, the blockbuster 2009 movie "Avatar," the highest-grossing film ever, reached $1 billion in 17 days."

www.davidluong.net
facebook.com/ackdoh

I teach a DMP Workshop

http://photonicplayground.com art gallery!

Last edited by Ackdoh : 09 September 2013 at 07:49 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #2
How about releasing the PC version now Rockstar :(

Old 09 September 2013   #3
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: How about releasing the PC version now Rockstar :(

Yeah watch how they make way over $1bn on this and spend $400 on an intern doing the PC port from the Xbox version complete with "Press Y to access phone!" popups.

Old 09 September 2013   #4
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: How about releasing the PC version now Rockstar :(

Well..it's not a very 'PC' game is it

For me though GTA always feels better on a console, I had GTA 4 for PC and I don't know, it never felt right.

Really enjoying V. I don't really consider myself a big gamer, but this was one I couldn't pass up and it hasn't disappointed. Apart from all the tech/visual improvements, they got the most important thing right - it's enormously fun to play.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 09 September 2013   #5
Congrats to Rockstar and to our parent publishing company (Take Two Interactive). Hopefully a rising tide will lift all boats.

Got my copy at home and hope to have time to check it out this weekend.

Old 09 September 2013   #6
Originally Posted by tuna: Yeah watch how they make way over $1bn on this and spend $400 on an intern doing the PC port from the Xbox version complete with "Press Y to access phone!" popups.

I am 100% sure the PC game already exists because I am damned sure that what I saw in the trailers is most certainly not what I got right now. The game is good fun but the graphics are a major let down.

This game will be released again for the Xboxone, PS4 and PC when the time comes - complete with the graphics we were sold in the recent trailers and adverts.

Old 09 September 2013   #7
Quote: How about releasing the PC version now Rockstar :(

Is it true that GTA4 for the pc came out 4 or 5 months after the console version? I really hope 5 doesn't take that long because i am waiting for the pc version.

Quote: I am 100% sure the PC game already exists because I am damned sure that what I saw in the trailers is most certainly not what I got right now. The game is good fun but the graphics are a major let down.

it seems many people out there are complaining about jaggies and other aliasing issues.

Old 09 September 2013   #8
Unfortunately GTA V won't be release for ps4 or xboxone. Dan houser said it in an interview.

I'm still waiting for Red dead Redeption for PC. :( Hopefully they will release both next year.

Old 09 September 2013   #9
WooHoo! Gaming is not dead on one of my favorite titles.
Great

Old 09 September 2013   #10
Quote: Unfortunately GTA V won't be release for ps4 or xboxone. Dan houser said it in an interview.

I wonder why.

Old 09 September 2013   #11
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: I wonder why.

To maximize sales on current gen platforms. Then due to 'high demand' they 'reconsider' and release the high quality version that is sat on the PC's right now. It'll be a 'special edition' too.

That's my suspicion anyway.

Old 09 September 2013   #12
Quote: To maximize sales on current gen platforms. Then due to 'high demand' they 'reconsider' and release the high quality version that is sat on the PC's right now. It'll be a 'special edition' too.

That's my suspicion anyway.

I hope your right because based on the gameplay i have seen it looks like fun. In the mean time i will try to complete gta 4

Old 09 September 2013   #13
Originally Posted by Horganovski: For me though GTA always feels better on a console, I had GTA 4 for PC and I don't know, it never felt right.

I haven't played IV but, on PC, III and Vice City felt very good and controlled very well on mouse/keyboard.

Old 09 September 2013   #14
You can plug in a xbox 360 controller on PC and play with that so you don't have to play with KB/M if you don't want to anyway.

Old 09 September 2013   #15
I have been amazed with just how much they packed into the game for an old console generation at the end of it's life. When the PC port rolls out I may still pick up another copy for that given it will likely open the glorious modding community up and superior graphics possibilities.

I mean who couldn't love mods like this:

Thread Closed share thread