Character: Milla Jovovich

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2003
Character: Milla Jovovich (NUDITY)

NEW HEAD AND BODY STARTED FROM SCRATCH AT THE END OF THREAD.
-------------
So she's my favourite actress and why not model her in 3D. This is what i've got so far. Software: Maxon Cinema 4D 8.2. the face modelling (nose, eyes and mouth) is quite ready but i don't seem to get enough personality - it's probably the shape of the head and lack of hair.

Last edited by mihkeltt : 12 December 2006 at 07:54 PM.

12 December 2003
just popin in to say hello...good start...eyes a little tight towards nose...keep going bud..

Henry Moore

12 December 2003

ok, worked a little on the lips and seem to have got them quite right. but i still can't catch it what is that tiny detail that gives her personality - is it eyes, lips, shape of head? need help.
here's a reference if anyone doesn't know who we're dealing with here:

12 December 2003
I think you should focus on getting rid of the pinches and weird bumps and lumps you've got here and there on the face at the moment. they are a little distracting... For example the inner corners of the eyes.

Also, your topology leaves something to be desired. Check out other heads and see how they have solved forehead and cheek-bone areas among other things.

Good luck

12 December 2003
i was currently working on the mouth, nose and eyes and got them quite ready. now to the basic shape of the head.

12 December 2003
There is usualy a line that goes from the nostrils to the mouth. In old scarred faces that line is very evident (take Bruce Willis for example). Even when you don't see it in your reference picture, it is probably still there.
Download some wireframes from the modeller Peter Syomka for some great reference on the topology for a female head.

12 December 2003
ok, the basic shape of the head is ready. don't mind the hair, i'll have to learn some shave and haircut first. i'll think about making the ears, if i make a hairstyle that covers the ears, they woun't be neccesary. wire's coming soon.

12 December 2003
The Jaw on your model seems too pointy and not square enough. I'd focus on the accuracy of her face more before worrying about hair. Also I would recommend making her ears so that you don't limit yourself to certain hairstyles.

12 December 2003
wire:

01 January 2004
some early eyelashes and eyebrows. tell me what you think about them:

01 January 2004
you still have to fix the topology of the face, a female is always softer looking than a male right now it looks like a man who resembles mila crosdressing.

01 January 2004
It looks like her chin could be a bit wider. The pic u gave it looks wider than your model.

01 January 2004
some updates on the head and the eyebrows, also completed the neck, hair and ears coming soon.

01 January 2004
Well done so far.

The nose and chin seems different.

01 January 2004
chin fix:

Thread Closed share thread