GameTextures.com Information and FAQ [Official]

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Thumbs up GameTextures.com Information and FAQ [Official]

In order to claim your free GameTextures access, simply visit the page: http://gametextures.com/olympics and follow the steps there.

You will need to create a free account, then follow the steps to activate it.

That's pretty much all it takes for access to our texture library of of ready-to-use materials.

FAQ
It is asking for my billing information to sign up, why?

Due to an unfortunate circumstance with our third party billing processor (Recurly.com) billing information is required for access, which is quite unfortunate. We're working on a fix right now so that it's not required, but it will take some time to get developed.

BUT: Have no fear! If you cancel your account's billing after you create it you will never be charged, but will still get your three months of free access to our library.

Will you help me use your materials?

Absolutely! We're always on our customer support chat during our work hours, and even if we're not, We're never far from our inbox. We are happy to give you whatever support you need, be it with your account, or with actual usage of our materials. This means we can help you set up your materials in Unity, we can give you tips on best usage, and best practices with our library, and we can give you any sort of feedback you might require on your work!

Will you continue adding materials throughout the contest?
Yep! We're still all hands on here, so we're going to continue pumping them out during the contest.

Can I request a material?
We love texture requests. If you need something that we don't currently have, or need a texture modified in someway, just ask! We'll throw it on the list, and get to it as quickly as possible. This is done on a first come, first serve basis, however, so it could take a few days before we make it to your request.

Can you tell me about GameTextures a bit?

We're a pretty young company, we launched in September of 2012, and have been doing our best to grow responsibly in that time. We source all of our art either from our in-house art team here in Seattle, WA - OR - to talented artists who have contributed to AAA games. We have a huge heart for the community, and have striven to become a huge part of it, either by sponsoring contests, giving away accounts, software, wacoms, etc. And/Or just being there for anyone who needs it.

We continue to grow every day, and really appreciate feedback, patience, and trust that we will continue to make our library the highest quality on the interwebs.

Thanks everyone! And post in here if you need anything or have any concerns or questions. We'll be monitoring this thread!

Last edited by TannerKalstrom : 07 July 2013 at 05:21 PM.

07 July 2013
I can not download

I downloaded 2 textures, when I try to download again, send me the product pricing, support to download, thank you for your attention

Last edited by terremoto : 07 July 2013 at 08:15 PM.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by terremoto: I downloaded 2 textures, when I try to download again, send me the product pricing, support to download, thank you for your attention

Hi!

No problem, I can fix that for you! Please check your private messages on CGSociety so I can gather your name and correct whatever is going on.

Warm Regards,

Tanner

07 July 2013
Question Problem logging in at GameTextures

Hello Tanner,

not sure if this is the correct place to ask for help with this problem. What happened is that I registered and subscribed to GameTextures.com with the coupon for the challenge. After that I just simply could not login anymore with my password. Even though I'm 100% sure I was typing in the correct password, I can of course make mistakes so I tried to reset my password using the "Forgot my password" link. I did this twice in the past 2 days but the password reset e-mail just doesn't land in my inbox (nor in spam). I have a @yahoo e-mail address, could that be the problem? The e-mail address is 100% correct as shortly after the subscription I received a confirmation e-mail from GameTextures.com.

Thank you in advance!

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by TannerKalstrom: FAQ
It is asking for my billing information to sign up, why?

Due to an unfortunate circumstance with our third party billing processor (Recurly.com) billing information is required for access, which is quite unfortunate. We're working on a fix right now so that it's not required, but it will take some time to get developed.

BUT: Have no fear! If you cancel your account's billing after you create it you will never be charged, but will still get your three months of free access to our library.

There is info about three months of access, but i got email about just one.

Your subscription started at July 20, 2013. It is now active and will be automatically renewed on August 20, 2013.

By renewed i have to worry about cash charge from my account ?

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by ant1fact: Hello Tanner,

not sure if this is the correct place to ask for help with this problem. What happened is that I registered and subscribed to GameTextures.com with the coupon for the challenge. After that I just simply could not login anymore with my password. Even though I'm 100% sure I was typing in the correct password, I can of course make mistakes so I tried to reset my password using the "Forgot my password" link. I did this twice in the past 2 days but the password reset e-mail just doesn't land in my inbox (nor in spam). I have a @yahoo e-mail address, could that be the problem? The e-mail address is 100% correct as shortly after the subscription I received a confirmation e-mail from GameTextures.com.

Thank you in advance!

Had same problem, you are probably on dev.gametextures.com , go to gametextures.com and problem fixed.

PS: Is this scam site or just sister one? , i got very confused couse of that.

07 July 2013
Hey guys!

Thanks for your questions, sorry for the issues! It's possible somehow you're on our development site, which could have happened if you reached us via google, or an older link.

https://gametextures.com/customer/a...forgotpassword/

This link should get you to the correct page which will reset your password. If this does not work, I'm around - please email me or PM me your name so I can get you dispatched a password immediately.

As far as the "next billing date" issue you're seeing, this is because I need to go in and modify things by hand once you're signed up. Your accounts are good for three months, and you will not be billed or time out until that point.

If you do not want to be billed please go in to the My Account and hit the Cancel account button, it will close the account for now, and it will time out at the end of the free 3 month trial.

Kind Regards,

Tanner

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread