FEEDBACKS plsss

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
FEEDBACKS plsss

hey guys..dis is my 1st mental ray lighting..i know this a very old challenge but i culdnt find a better place where u all experts would see it so sorry n thanx in advance :P

its my 1st mental ray light render..i want to know what all mistakes i have made in the scene and how to improve..so guys pls do giv feedbacks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (76.5 KB, 43 views)

Old 07 July 2013   #2
oh cmon guys :( :( i seriusly want to learn lighting and make career in it..pls giv feedbacks :(

Old 07 July 2013   #3
I'm not really very good at lighting myself. but if you are going for a real world look. I'd add some light from stuff off camera.
For example if that car is waiting to pull out into traffic, there should be headlights from the passing cars splashing the area as they go past. Or signage from across the street.
Don't over do it of course, but consider what is going on around the scene shown by the camera.
I hope that makes sense and is of a little sue at least.

Old 07 July 2013   #4
thanx for the suggestion will work on it..any other feedbacks pls ppl??

Old 07 July 2013   #5
you definitely should redo neon signs material. Right now they looks like simple tubes with liquid in them; they must glow and light up space around them.

Old 07 July 2013   #6
hey thanx..check out now! hws it??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parking_2.jpg (73.2 KB, 16 views)

Old 07 July 2013   #7
You should also use bump maps, without those you will never make it look as gos as you propably want to, it's the first thing I notice when looking on a scene
Can't wait to see more

Old 07 July 2013   #8
hey i hav used bump on the walls road and all..maybe i shud increase dem hmm..and wat about the lighing guys? and hey this is not the final render..its just a test render..

and how to upload a gud quality pic?? it says it cant upload a pic above 90kb..

Last edited by ngsmitha : 07 July 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Old 07 July 2013   #9
Firstly I would reference night scenes to help with your mission as this scene has no mood to it and looks more like a day picture turned to night, the other thing that bothers me is the building structure to car ratio, I would make the car smaller, and the source lighting on the front of the building seems too strong and unnatural.

I did a google search and put in 'night time parking' which show brought up some great results, look at these, then see how you can incorporate this into you scene.

Old 07 July 2013   #10
woww grt suggestions thanks a lotttt ppl im feelin all xcited to improve my skills now will upload soon with all ur suggestions thanks again

Old 07 July 2013   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread