Character: female hero (yes, another one)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2003   #1
Character: female hero (yes, another one)

hi there! my latest creation for just the fun of it.

maya, photoshop.

1856 polys. body 512x512 txt, head, hands, hair and goggles 256x256 txt.

im a very bad rigger so the deformations arent that good in my mind...

c&c are welcome.

Modeling advice article for games modeling
What makes game art interresting?

Old 12 December 2003   #2

Old 12 December 2003   #3
Wow SPM that's an awesome model!

The only thing I'm kinda confused about is why you have that much symmetry IMO you've wasted too much space on the uv map on the same stuff. Atleast make it different from the other side!

I like it though.. Nice stuff!

Old 12 December 2003   #4
Quote: Originally posted by CgMonkey
Wow SPM that's an awesome model!

The only thing I'm kinda confused about is why you have that much symmetry IMO you've wasted too much space on the uv map on the same stuff. Atleast make it different from the other side!

I like it though.. Nice stuff!

youre absolutely right about the symmetry. i was so into painting the texture that i forgot to make them different . ill get back into business after x-mas again and then ill fix the arms etc. perhaps a tattoo?

Old 12 December 2003   #5
Hehe yeah I thought it was something like that..

Can we perhaps see a wf?

A tattoo would fit..

Old 12 December 2003   #6

Old 12 December 2003   #7
Nice model, and the texture looks nice and sharp. Well done.

Old 12 December 2003   #8
thank you.

ive painted the textures in a resolution of 1024 this time. usually i paint them in 2000 and then shrink the whole thing.

i use a macro ive made in photoshop that flattens the image, scales it to 800, sharpens it and scales it to 512 and again sharpens it.

Old 12 December 2003   #9
looking good so far. all i can suggest is that for the flesh you should add some very faint complimentary color to the areas that get little bloodflow, such as the cheeks(not cheeksbones), sides of nose, and the eye sockets. also, the goggles look like they're crazy glued onto her forehead. wheres the strap?

My Portfolio: www.3DGStudios.com
DeviantArt Page: dreigrasheir.deviantart.com

Old 12 December 2003   #10
nice model!

A small tip. Save wire frame images as .gif or .png. You will save alot of detail. In photoshop Save For Web and play around. You will see what I mean.

Old 12 December 2003   #11
Quote: Originally posted by DreiGrasheir
looking good so far. all i can suggest is that for the flesh you should add some very faint complimentary color to the areas that get little bloodflow, such as the cheeks(not cheeksbones), sides of nose, and the eye sockets. also, the goggles look like they're crazy glued onto her forehead. wheres the strap?

thanx for the input.

yes, i agree with you on the skin issue. im really bad at making proper skin for low poly characters. ive avoided vein due to the fact that shes a she and not very doped, if you know what i mean? but do you think it might fit with some discrete veins?

about this complementary color youre talking about. are you meaning a red kind of blush och more like a purple bruise tone?

the goggles: they actually have a strap going back under the hair. im not very pleased with them as for now. ill try to make some more detail to them... and if that doesnt work ill remove them completely . some ppl have said thet they really dont fit with the character at all.

Old 12 December 2003   #12
Quote: Originally posted by nathan 3d
nice model!

A small tip. Save wire frame images as .gif or .png. You will save alot of detail. In photoshop Save For Web and play around. You will see what I mean.

ya, i know what you mean i did this with the save for web option, but chose jpg for some lazy reason i guess

usually i save every image as a bmp and convert them into jpg using adcsee... unbeatable. ps doesnt even come close to that.

Old 12 December 2003   #13
no, i dont mean veins, i mean (like you said) using a bruise colored blue/purple to fill in certain parts of the skin like the ckeek sockets (?) or around the eyes. when i say faint, i mean i use a 5% opacity brush, and still usually end up erasing with 20% opacity once or twice. the skin just need some color is all... for an exagerated example of what i mean, check out the face on my sheriff

My Portfolio: www.3DGStudios.com
DeviantArt Page: dreigrasheir.deviantart.com

Old 12 December 2003   #14
excellent work here spm! I love the poses the best. Nothing on this model bugs me except the head. It's much too small. scale it up a bit and the model will look so muhc better. The other thing is just personal opinion, but I think the hair looks very boring and stiff like plastic but you certainly dont have to change anything about it

Old 12 December 2003   #15
Quote: Originally posted by BurrowingDuck
excellent work here spm! I love the poses the best. Nothing on this model bugs me except the head. It's much too small. scale it up a bit and the model will look so muhc better. The other thing is just personal opinion, but I think the hair looks very boring and stiff like plastic but you certainly dont have to change anything about it

thanks for the input. actually youre not the first person reacting on the head (exactly the same comments), so i guess youre right . ill dig into it after christmas.

Thread Closed share thread