CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Miscellaneous > Autodesk Mudbox
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Dagobert
portfolio
R
Compton, Japan

Mudbox 2013, diffuse map doesn't cover entire object.

So I'm following a tutorial and I'm still new to Mudbox so I'm not sure if this is a really easy fix or not. Nor could I find anything about it other than people asking the same question on this youtube video page of the tutorial.

So the tutorial I'm following is this:

How to create a terrain for Cryengine and UDK Part 2/8 - YouTube
Around the 35 minute mark is what I'm stuck on.

Now when this guy applies the diffuse map it covers the entire object. However when I do it, following the same steps it doesn't cover the entire object. It leaves a strip untextured.

This is what it looks like:

See the brown strip? Not sure why it's not covering that.

So pretty much I took the mesh from Mudbox into World Machine, generated textures for me, then like in the tutorial I created a diffuse map in Photoshop and applied it to the mesh in Mudbox. I noticed when I click on the UV View tab I can see the entire diffuse map without it being cut off. Still not sure why it's cutting it off in 3D view and when I render it.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
oglu
Christoph Schädl

portfolio
Christoph Schädl
Austria

may i see the uvs... i assume the uvs are to close to the border of the uv space...

Old 06-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
Dagobert
portfolio
R
Compton, Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglu
may i see the uvs... i assume the uvs are to close to the border of the uv space...

Now the thing is World Machine creates the generates the UV's I guess and it doesn't seem like you can edit them. Now when I go from subdivision 0 to 2 it covers the entire object, no empty strips left but if I got above that is where I see the empty strip. Also I tried importing it to Studio Max and it doesn't have blank strip like that, which works great and if I send it back to Mudbox the strip is gone however I can't go down in subdivisions unless I rebuild subdivision levels and that doesn't work out great for me either.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread