What CGsociety course should I choose

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
What CGsociety course should I choose

Hey

I have looked at the courses that CGsociety offers online. Two of them looks interesting to me for the moment: "Becoming a Better Artist" and "Absolute Beginners". I don't know which one I should take.

Old 06 June 2013   #2
Well first I think that the absolute beginner's course is closed and I don't know when they will be running that one again. If you are willing to find out and wait, then I would say it depends on what you know already.

If you think that you have almost no traditional art skills or digital art skills then I would say the absolute beginner class. If you are you are familiar with 3d or photoshop or some other software but feel that your traditional skills are lacking or even nonexistent then I would say the Becoming a better artist class would be for you.

Old 06 June 2013   #3
What exactly is it that you're wanting to learn?

Old 06 June 2013   #4
Hey

Well watch at my work in mine portfolio on my cgsociety account and to the links(unfinished work) under:
[IMG]Angry firedemon[/IMG]

Old 06 June 2013   #5
Hey

I want to learn everything a concept artist and illustrator needs to learn and at least work that out in practice. Watch at my work in mine portfolio on my cgsociety account and to the links(unfinished work) under:
Angry firedemon
Healer
Flaminghair lady
The voyage of the plasmahorse
Fightscene skywolf
Aurawatcher
BLADE knight Cronin
Cronin face

I want to become a concept artist as you can see but I got the feeling I need to step back. Or at least start a course and not going too far with my plans. I noticed that I am not good enough yet to paint or draw everything I have in mind. So the course "betoming a better Artist" is good for me don't you think?

Last edited by Patsa53 : 06 June 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Old 06 June 2013   #6
Yeah, I'd say that course is probably your best option right now, considering you wish to pursue concept art.

Old 06 June 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread