How do i create this effect...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Display Modes
  06 June 2013
Question How do i create this effect...

Below is an effect I would like to apply to some videos in After Effects... i know i could use Twitch and some presets like bad Tv, bad film gate but i kind need the scrambled digital signal. Where the video breaks up into large pixels but your still able to make out the actual video signal to a degree.

Any thoughts would be welcome.
  06 June 2013

It's called a glitch. I think I saw recently that vimeo offered to add the effect on any video you uploaded.
  06 June 2013
It is also called "datamoshing" I saw a video where the author showed how to accomplish this effect by altering the i and b frames directly. So you have to alter video that is already in a codec that uses i and b frames. It is not a composited or individual frame effect that you generate. I think he even copied i and or b frames from one video and pasted them into another causing the data to essentially become invalid temporarily during playback.
  06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.