Update on CS Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia"!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2003   #1
Update on CS Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia"!

Quote:
"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, based on the popular book of the same name, will be made in New Zealand, Industry Development Minister Jim Anderton said in a statement today.

The film will be directed by Andrew Adamson, a New Zealander best known as the co-director of the Oscar-winning computer-animated feature Shrek.

The movie is expected to start preparations, including obtaining stage space and personnel, in Auckland early in 2004. "

>>Link<<

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 12 December 2003   #2
didn't Weta Digital sign on for the special effects??

man i hope this director does it justice..

and i hope they make narnia creepy

Old 12 December 2003   #3
I'm really looking forward to these. I grew up with the Narnia books, they were some of my favourite books to read and re-read from when I was about 8 until I was in my early teens. Fantastic stories!

Here's to hoping the director will do them justice and that the films will be every bit as exciting and imaginative as the books were

Old 12 December 2003   #4
These series of films really have the potential to become another classic film series like LOTR and Harry Potter, or of course, be a complete train wreck.

Here hoping it'll turn out great.

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

Old 12 December 2003   #5
I'm a bit confused. Are they doing the the whole The Chronicles of Narnia or just The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, because isnt that the second book?

Old 12 December 2003   #6
As far as I know they are doing the entire chronicles.

Old 12 December 2003   #7
and they are starting with book 2?

Old 12 December 2003   #8
The Magician's Nephew is the beginning of the story, but it was the second last book written. Maybe they are making them in the order they were published. The Lion, the With and the Wardrobe is also the title that's the most recognized.
The Guide to particleIllusion, and other pI resources

Old 12 December 2003   #9
C.S. Lewis rocks.. i want in on this one...

God- "nietzsche is dead"

Old 12 December 2003   #10
Has anyone read any of his "adult fiction" ( I'm an adult and i still read the chronicles of narnia every now and again). I think someone needs to turn Out Of the Silent Planet into a movie.

Old 12 December 2003   #11
I can't wait for this either. Lewis is my favorite author.

Gfree69- yeah I read them. Did a paper for Arthurian Lit class on contemporary uses of a "Merlin archetype" using the "That Hideous Strength" as a major source. Loved the books. Funny, but you can see the similarities in his some of his concepts with those of Tolkein (one of his friends), especially in reading "The Similarion". I see the Oysara (spelling off) and the Valar being quite similar. Angelic archons of sorts. Fascinating stuff.

Old 12 December 2003   #12
I'm so excited, I really hope the do these well.

I've also read a lot of his adult fiction and love all of it so far. I've read the first two books in his space trilogy, and though I'd love to see them as movies, I do think they might be to slow to actually watch. I'm not saying it couldn't be done well, but it would be tricky. I'd also love to see The Pilgrim's Regress and Screwtape Letters done, I think both are going to be awesome.

Old 12 December 2003   #13
Thumbs down

Excellent !!!! Hopefully it is done with the same mastery as lotr. Both stories were long over due imho.

Old 12 December 2003   #14
Sounds great.

Really hope weta is involved as rumored.

I havent read these books in soo long, I might go pick them up once i finish re-reading monkey wrench gang.

*shamless plug alert* Check out my Character Modeling / Texturing DVD's

Old 12 December 2003   #15
U guys remember the tv series? that was a cool show...lets hope the movie at least lives up the show

Thread Closed share thread