Colby - character without a goal

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Colby - character without a goal

I'm pretty sure this is probably the place to post this because I'm looking for ctrits on this project, mostly a little help if anyone is willing.

I've been going threw a block the past few months that I want to get over so I decided to put myself in front of my tools again by digging up an old sculpt (about a year old). The Optimizing in Zbrush went pretty well and I have a decent topology at around 14k tris (7k quads) thatís for the most part animation ready. However I'm stuck at the texturing phase of my pipeline because I didn't really plan on doing anything with this character from the onset.

The consequence of having a finished product was an afterthought and all my concepts on the character are in b/w sketches leaving me scratching my head on what to do with him from here. I've sat in front of Photoshop for days trying to noodle something out but he's ground to a halt as everything I do makes him look like a poor choice of muddy colors.

I'm here to ask if anyone can help me out with some critiques and/or a few paint over variations?

I thought about asking people to kit bash this for me but I would much rather do it myself. Picking something up from the to-do pile and my block have made my muse a bit color blind so I could use a little help building a visual target to work towards.

Ryo

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread