Recommendations in furthering studies (Singapore)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Recommendations in furthering studies (Singapore)

Hello guys, Plenon here.

A little back-story: I was studying in Temasek Polytechnic in Singapore for a diploma that offered 3D modules where I learnt basic animation with Maya and working with After Effects. Right after my graduation, I was conscripted for 2 years and my term is ending so I am looking for places to further my studies in the field of 3D.

After doing some research, I have come to a conclusion of 2 possible places to go:
3dsense Media School (In Singapore) and Media Design School (New Zealand)

For 3dsense Media School, the course I am interested in is the Digital Design & Illustration which is taught by folks from Imaginary Friends Studios, with Artgerm, Kunkka and Ukitakumuki being part of the teaching team. The course was just recently introduced this year but these ensemble of talented folks in the industry teaching has grabbed my attention.

For Media Design school, the course I am interested in is the Bachelor of Art & Design. The main draw for me is the fact that I will be getting a degree after the 3 years of studies and the possible opportunity in working at Weta Digital after graduation.

I am wondering which is the better place to study in regards to the above 2 places credentials and graduate students job prospect.

I am also open to any suggestions in regards to alternative educational institutions. Thanks!

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread