|05 May 2013||#1|
Join Date: May 2013
Open Source Sculpture
I am looking to create a open source sculpture that not one artist can claim authorship to, but the entire group can. Currently we are doing this by passing a 3D file among piers who will edit the file and pass onto others to edit further following a few rules
The rules are:
1. 30% of the original file that you receive must remain in the new file you create
2. files are saved as :Wikisculpture_edit_(your name)_(number i.e. if you receive edit 1 you change this to 2 etc.).obj (please save as a wavefront .obj file this is the most universal file)
3. use dropbox or Wetransfer to send the files. (the website is still under construction)
4. the new file should be emailed onto others that you know who are interested in this project as well as the administrator email.
5. This creates a telephone game like effect and will be updated when website is ready.
any software is allowed, any style is allowed. With every 10th iteration I will print the model to keep records as well as keeping all digital copies of the models. I have had this concept accepted into the 2013 3D Printshow in London and Paris so you could claim this on a vita. All artists will be acknowledged. Any questions or interests let me know
David Van Ness
|Thread Closed share thread|