Is there a way see .3ds thumbnails?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Is there a way see .3ds thumbnails?

Hello people,
I give up searching for this thing. Maybe someone knows a way or if there is a plugin or software to see the thumbnails of .3ds and .max files ? I have to open each model in max to see what it is :(... it's very hard as my collection grows bigger. I found a plug in to see the .max files but I have also a lot of .3ds models which I want to use in my projects... I use 3ds max 2012 x64 Windows 7
Thank you in advance

Old 05 May 2013   #2
.3ds do not contain any thumbnails AFAIK
But you can see Max thumbnails easily using XNview

www.xnview.com

PowerPreview: High Quality Nitrous Previews for 3ds Max 2012|2013|2014

[ Free Download (ScriptSpot) ]

Home of The Frogs | Online Portfolio

Old 05 May 2013   #3
oh dear! So there is no other way to import the 3ds that you want except opening them one by one until you find the desired one? I'm thinking of a software like a thumbnail generator to automatically create a jpg with each 3ds model. There isn't such a software? I hope i'm gonna have to make the thumbnails myself by opening each of 3ds files (2100 files) and print screen :-< how lame would that be :(

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Originally Posted by mlegs: I'm thinking of a software like a thumbnail generator to automatically create a jpg with each 3ds model.

There are such tools which create external thumbnails from folders containing various 3d files. I thought you wanted to see the internal thumbnails of the 3d files. Simply googling for such a tool would have shown you various options i guess...

Here's one...
http://www.mootools.com/plugins/us/browsercommon/

PowerPreview: High Quality Nitrous Previews for 3ds Max 2012|2013|2014

[ Free Download (ScriptSpot) ]

Home of The Frogs | Online Portfolio

Old 05 May 2013   #5
thanks this seems to be what i was looking for, but it costs a lot . may I ask how did you google for it ? what keywords?

Old 05 May 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread