Terrain Editor weirdness

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Terrain Editor weirdness

I'm having a couple issues with my terrain editor that I'm hoping someone can help with. I'm using Vue 10 on a high-end MacPro.

First, the altitude gradient is running horizontally, instead of vertically. In other words, it's green at the left side, turns brown as you move right, and the right edge is white; instead of green at the bottom and white at the top.

Second, when I double the resolution of the terrain, nothing happens in the editor. I can res it up from 256x256 to 4096x4096 and the wire frame still shows only 256 polys along a side, and there is no additional detail to the terrain in the terrain editor. Even if I start with a 4096 terrain, it still looks like a 256 terrain. When I render the terrain, I get the detail, but I can't see it in the terrain editor, which makes it impossible to edit the terrain, whether with a brush or with erosion or global effects and get any kind of visual feedback that's accurate and detailed.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Also, anyone know of any Vue to Maya integration or workflow tutorials.

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread