Problem.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Exclamation Mesh separated from animated joints

I don't even know what to call this problem. The thing is, the rest of my Maya files are fine except for this one.

Someone... Please tell me this is fixable.

All of them are references.

I do not know how I got to this point. All I did was add an extra blend shape node to the original file. I have several Maya files using the same reference files and all of them are fine except for this one. I'm using IK rig. I scale it but I did that at the beginning before animating anything. It was like this for the whole file. The picture only shows the control curves. The control curves moves and it still preserves the key frames.

For some reason the mesh went back to its original state even though when I click on it the key frames for the blend shapes is still there. Looked at the channel box too and realized the inputs/blendshapes are all gone.

I'd checked the joints too and it's in the scaled size. Only the mesh...

Last edited by Nadilean : 04 April 2013 at 06:20 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Please open reference editor and remove all reference edits. Let's see whether it works. Hopefully you could turn to the original status.
Note: backup your main scene before removing edits.

Or if your main scene is ascii, you may manually edit it. If it still doesn't work, could you please send me your sample reference and scene? I could look into it and narrow down the problem.

Last edited by hmaya : 04 April 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Is it not possible to keep all the animation I'd done? I tried salvaging it by deleting the blend shape related edits but its no use. Hold on while I upload the files.

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Try to include a relative thread title when you post. People who know about the specificity of your issue will see it and click on it, also others with a similar problem will be able to find it easier in forum and google searches.

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Oh, ok I changed the title.

Old 04 April 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread