Mental ray batch bake maya crash

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
(solved)Mental ray batch bake maya crash

edit : solution was to use another version of Maya//
I did a lot of digging into it , I couldn't find any concrete answer, if when you try to batch bake MR you get the "FATAL ERROR" redirecting you to your appdata's temp folder to check the maya error logs it's very likely that you will have to try another maya version. To import your scene from a newer maya version make sure to check the "ignore version" option in the open file window.

Hello,

so I have a scene, I need to batch bake textures using mental ray, batch baking AO went successfull, but other materials crash, I get the fatal error leading me to my appdata's temp folder's error log. I narrowed down the problem trying with a scene with a simple sphere, one texture, one light and it crashes, it isn't a RAM issue, it isnt a wrong geometry one, the settings are low.
I also emptied my temp folder, cleaned reinstalled maya.

AO could be batch baked but as soon as I use another material it crashes, even on very simple scenes such as one single sphere.

I red numerous threads about that special problem all day and I cant find the solution. i have seen old forum threads that are 4 years old about that subject and I find no solution

Nb : it works on the mac laptop....but with 4GB ram and 30% of total computing power due to the batteries that have been inflated/removed I cant use it right now and I need to bake the textures asap

Last edited by djehan : 04 April 2013 at 02:56 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread