I really need some tips (Max and Zbrush) asap

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
I really need some tips (Max and Zbrush) asap

I've created a character in 3DS Max, with a decent polycount. I then brought the model with its accessories in to zbrush to do some detailing, to create normal map, diffuse, and displacement. However this is my first time working with character props as well, so I merged it all in Max to the character, brought it into zbrush, then autogrouped it, and split it to parts, as I felt it would be easier to work with it in parts as subtools. Now the detailing is done and I thought I'd make it one object again. When I used merge, I saw that it deleted the lower subdivisions, wich made me sit with an extremely high poly character. And I got a limit with 30 000 polys. Any tips to what I can do? Is it because the different parts has different levels of subdividing?

I have to be finished by sunday.
I could post some images if it would help.
Thanks.

Edit: Why does it take sooo long time until I've posted and the thread appears/my answers is added? Looks like an admin has to approve all my posts first?

Problem was that I needed them on one UV island, but I think I have it worked out now. I've been very active at this forum:
Since it took so long time until the thread got opened here.
But I still have one problem, When I have exported my meshes to Max, rearranged UV Islands for all the objects to fit in one Texturemap, and reimport them into zbrush, zbrush breaks all the faces. I get a message first saying that they found mismatch. I tried resetting xform before reimporting, same issue.

Last edited by Jimmarn : 04 April 2013 at 01:51 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
After you've baked your maps export each subtool as a seperate .Obj. If you need them all as a single mesh, attach them in Max after the import.

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Problem was that I needed them on one UV island, but I think I have it worked out now. I've been very active at this forum:
Since it took so long time until the thread got opened here.
But I still have one problem, When I have exported my meshes to Max, rearranged UV Islands for all the objects to fit in one Texturemap, and reimport them into zbrush, zbrush breaks all the faces. I get a message first saying that they found mismatch. I tried resetting xform before reimporting, same issue.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread