R.I.P.D. Trailer (R.I.P R&H)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
R.I.P.D. Trailer (R.I.P R&H)

M.I.B. + Ghosts? Swear it feels like the exact same movie.

HD: http://youtu.be/X07xNrVd7DU

Embed:

04 April 2013
It's like Timur Bekmambetov was asked to reboot MIB replacing aliens with ghosts and leaving everything else untouched except for bigger devastation and more preposterous action.
My heart can't decide if it's awesome or terrible, or both. My brain insist on terrible though.

04 April 2013
Hmmm well it seems interesting, I am not sure if I am drawn in enough to see it in theaters though. I'll still take the idea as decently unique since we have used so many ideas and possibilities it is at the point or very near where any movie seems like another.

04 April 2013
This looks amazing!
And before you ask, yes I have been drinking.

(jk)

04 April 2013
I like Ryan Reynolds, and LOVE Jeff Bridges, so I think Ill enjoy this. I see the obvious MIB connections, but I think this is more like Ghost Busters 2013....in Black.

So yeah-Ill catch it if Im bored.

04 April 2013
Oy. I'm thinking this might be a further blow to Ryan's career. He's still trying to wipe the stink of Green Lantern off of himself, and this ain't gonna help.

04 April 2013
Old cop, new cop is pretty common, so I just can't see it as a rip of MIB. Looks pretty interesting in its own right. Still suffers from some of the same issues I brought up with Jack the Giant Killer though. Some of those ghosts could have been done as makeup FX and guys and suits.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by teruchan: Old cop, new cop is pretty common, so I just can't see it as a rip of MIB.
Yeah but new cop gets recruited into a secret organization that arrests fantastical beings that are pretending to be human?

04 April 2013
Ah yes I know what you are missing. The black suits. So yes the connection to MIB is more 'obscured'. Thats some clever film making right there...

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by AJ: Yeah but new cop gets recruited into a secret organization that arrests fantastical beings that are pretending to be human?

Good point. ;-)
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

04 April 2013
Agreed, definitely feels just like MIB, especially when they're standing around the headquarters watching the ghosts walk around.

Honestly, it'll probably be dumb, but Jeff Bridges' characters looks like a blast to watch, would probably go see it just for him.

Oh, and is it just me or does the cg look pretty terrible? Like 90's, The Mummy, MIB, stands out like a sore thumb terrible...

www.MichaelSime.com

04 April 2013
You know, it looks exactly like MIB --

But so what?! LOL. This looks fucking awesome. If the trailer is any indication of the movie then I am THERE. There is just too much to love about this. Big guns, awesome characters, crazy monsters, mass destruction, and MORE! lol.

Woo!

04 April 2013
Totally MIB with ghosts. Jeff Bridges is Rooster Cogburn in RIPD.

Looks fun, will watch.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Charkins: Totally MIB with ghosts. Jeff Bridges is Rooster Cogburn in RIPD.

Looks fun, will watch.

Yup, can totally see this making it's way into my DVD collection alongside MiB. Pure fun.

04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread