3ds MAX modelling help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
3ds MAX modelling help

Hello CG artists ,
I am trying to make a kind of intro that featured in dark knight rises , and recently stumbled upon this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HP38Us1sL0

I know that the video was created using cinema 4d , but I wan't to create the same effect in 3ds max , Can someone please guide me on this , is it possible to create the same effect using RayFire ? Until now I have carved the batman logo out of a cuboid , will I be able to get similar results if I continue this way?

Note : I am just a school going kid aspiring to become a CG artist , and have not got any proper training in animation , therefore please don't criticize and make fun of me If the question or a part of it is wrong , also sorry for bad english

Old 04 April 2013   #2
You don't need Rayfire, you need particles, either the legacy stuff, PFlow or TP.

You could even scatter manually, it's just faster with particles. Nothing complicated about it, the only animation I see is the movement of the camera which is just a dolly and a rotation around the z-axis.

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimski
You don't need Rayfire, you need particles, either the legacy stuff, PFlow or TP.

You could even scatter manually, it's just faster with particles. Nothing complicated about it, the only animation I see is the movement of the camera which is just a dolly and a rotation around the z-axis.

well thanks for the help, but how can we arrange the particles in such a way that the batman logo is left blank and freeze the, if possible can you provide a tutorial which produces a similar effect ?

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Pretty easy. Extrude a batman-logo shaped spline, use it as a collision or scatter object and hide it/set it unrenderable.

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Quote:
Pretty easy. Extrude a batman-logo shaped spline, use it as a collision or scatter object and hide it/set it unrenderable.

Can you please elaborate and tell the steps please

Old 04 April 2013   #6
What steps? How to draw a spline? How to extrude it? The particle stuff?

Old 04 April 2013   #7
Quote:
What steps? How to draw a spline? How to extrude it? The particle stuff?

The particle stuff, sorry if I sound rude

Old 04 April 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread